Free shock & fork Springs for KLR650

• 2 weeks later...

oldbikedoc

Thanks for the heads up on this. Progressive contacted me back last week and said they do need another bike. I dropped mine off today for 2 weeks of fitment testing. I pick it up with new front springs and rear 465 shock in 2 weeks.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok guys not a real comprehensive report to give but here it goes... Road home about 25 miles on sidestreets and I am completely amazed. A little background on what I have done to the bike before this huge improvement.

-Pro-Taper 1 1/8 ATV High Bars + softer grips

-Pro-Taper Risers for the bars

-.22 cent mod (great directions from this site)

-removed charcoal filter and associated plumbing

-PCV Mod

So back to the suspension...What surprised me the most was how those little nooks and cranny's in the road are not translated as vibration in the bars. The bike feels much more stable. The front does not dive as deep anymore either. There are quite a few railroad crossings on the way home that were just eaten up by the suspension...you know the ones...you grit your teeth and hold on for dear life. I found my self aiming for those bulging bumps in the road caused by tree roots and just cruising right over them. Most of my riding will be commuter miles with weekend trips to the mountains with my cousin. I was looking at this Progressive set up before I was given this great opportunity and I think it will fit my riding requirements just fine. I think for my riding style and abilities I would be wasting my money on the more technically advanced options. So I guess that's it for now. I will update as I get more miles on this setup. Thanks for the interest and well wishes.