Sign in to follow this  

two stroke idleing high. but when I let clutch out in gear it slows down

what does this mean? when its in neutral it idles like the throttle is halfway cracked open? I will post a video if people need it. its jetted correctly. thanks

Check for an air leak at the base gasket, mag side crank seal, intake boot or the reed block. Spray these areas one at a time with carb or brake cleaner and if the rpm goes up or down then you found your leak.

what does this mean? when its in neutral it idles like the throttle is halfway cracked open? I will post a video if people need it. its jetted correctly. thanks

It's gonna slow down when you let the clutch out with the bike in gear anyway init?

What happens if you warm it up, then let it idle in neutral and adjust the idle speed screw to get the idle where you want it?

the PO hacked the top off the airbox off. that would make it run lean and idle WAYYY high. its has a full pro circuit exaust. I will have to call them up and try to get the correct jetting. it bogs....even when it wasnt 19degrees it still bogged. do lean engines bog?

how is your throttle cable routed and adjusted?

its not that. the cable is not tight and it doesnt stick. it routes directly into the carb, its a slide.

+1 for air leak. Check the hot start plunger and make sure it is sealing all the way. My bike did this, I bought and aluminum hot start nut because my plastic one was stripped and it went away.

+1 for air leak. Check the hot start plunger and make sure it is sealing all the way. My bike did this, I bought and aluminum hot start nut because my plastic one was stripped and it went away.

Its a 2 stroke, i vote for a overly lean condition on the airscrew/pilot circuit caused from lean jetting because of a drop in temperature(colder outside) since you state the jettingis good or and airleak. Try adjusting your airscrew in some and see if it gets better