150 in 85 class

Just tell them that the AMA allowed/allows the 250 four stroke to directly compete against the 125's in the (former) 125cc class.

And that the 450 four-strokes were allowed to compete in the 250cc class.

Precedent has been established.

Besides, you can convince them that the 150R is heavy, underpowered, and ill-handling compared to the 85's...so what's the harm?

We are trying to get the 150 in the 85 class at our local race series. I know the ama dosn't allow this. Is there many series that do allow? Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Hi why not let them race in the same class? in the UK they run both in the 85cc class, in MX and Enduro they both win races so its no big deal,Martin.

I've seen the 150's in the 85 class at our local races, they never win but they are in it

Riders win races, bikes don't.

Take the winning riders off their 85's and put them on 150R's, they'll still win.

Put the 150 riders on 85's and they'll still not win.

That's just the way it works.

Thanks guys. I am looking for fasts and info to back up the proposal.We have two weeks to present a good argument. Last year it was only voted down by like 6 votes with an ill prepared argument. Thanks.

Riders win races, bikes don't.

Take the winning riders off their 85's and put them on 150R's, they'll still win.

Put the 150 riders on 85's and they'll still not win.

That's just the way it works.

i know, i did mean to start anything i was just saying, and it doesn't really matter anyway as long as you are out riding :moon: