Sign in to follow this  

Need a better Seat ?

I ordered a top of the line tall seat foam and cover for my 09 Kawasaki. At 6ft 3, I need all the room I can get. When I got it installed, I realized that I ordered the OAK version with the 40 grit cover by mistake. Well, I figured that the foam would break in soon and it would be OK. I was wrong, the foam never broke in. My butt paid the price every time we rode, so much that it hurt to ride home in the truck.

I was ready to remove it and drill some holes in the foam to soften it when I decided to give the guys at Enduro Engineering a call. I have used several of their seats on my KTM’s and they were great. Those seats had a lot of hard miles with no issues what so ever. And the foam was the same when I sold them as the day I put it on. And throw in a few crashes to boot too.

So I sent the seat and got it back the next week. All I can say is that I am in heaven again. Not only does the seat look really cool, but it feels like sitting in a Lazyboy recliner. Not too soft to move around on easily but it really absorbs the impact. This is one of the best improvements I have done to this bike. It just makes it easier to ride longer.

If you need an improvement over the factory plywood or you need something custom, call Gary Hazel at Enduro Engineering 517-393-2421. They can do a standard height or tall version, so talk with Gary or with the guys who will build the seats, Jake and Jim. You can also contact him at ghazel@enduroengineering.com. Very easy company to deal with and the turn around was quick

The seat costs $129.95 for foam, cover and install which was less than I paid for the other foam, cover and install so it’s a great deal. Your backside will appreciate it. It was worth it to me on the first ride.

Maybe your significant other will get you one for Christmas

Which seat did you have? I just put the SDG on my bike, it's firmer, but it doesn't bother me. I bought the step seat and can't complain one bit. It helps you with body positioning more than I would of ever thought.

It was the SDG. My riding is off road and it was tough to sit on for a couple of hours.