Need a better seat for your Kawasaki?

I ordered a top of the line tall seat foam and cover for my 09 Kawasaki. At 6ft 3, I need all the room I can get. When I got it installed, I realized that I ordered the OAK version with the 40 grit cover by mistake. Well, I figured that the foam would break in soon and it would be OK. I was wrong, the foam never broke in. My butt paid the price every time we rode, so much that it hurt to ride home in the truck.

I was ready to remove it and drill some holes in the foam to soften it when I decided to give the guys at Enduro Engineering a call. I have used several of their seats on my KTM’s and they were great. Those seats had a lot of hard miles with no issues what so ever. And the foam was the same when I sold them as the day I put it on. And throw in a few crashes to boot too.

So I sent the seat and got it back the next week. All I can say is that I am in heaven again. Not only does the seat look really cool, but it feels like sitting in a Lazyboy recliner. Not too soft to move around on easily but it really absorbs the impact. This is one of the best improvements I have done to this bike. It just makes it easier to ride longer.

If you need an improvement over the factory plywood or you need something custom, call Gary Hazel at Enduro Engineering 517-393-2421. They can do a standard height or tall version, so talk with Gary or with the guys who will build the seats, Jake and Jim. You can also contact him at ghazel@enduroengineering.com. Very easy company to deal with and the turn around was quick

The seat costs $129.95 for foam, cover and install which was less than I paid for the other foam, cover and install so it’s a great deal. Your backside will appreciate it. It was worth it to me on the first ride.

Maybe your significant other will get you one for Christmas

So its softer than the stock setup right? My tailbone has been getting really sore lately. So much so that it hurts to move after I ride. Probably cause I'm out of shape and stand up less. Can I just order the foam without install?

Call the guys at EE and see what they can do. I know they spent some time getting the fit just right on mine, the foam they use is the proven KTM unit and they custom fit to your height etc. It's not a one size fits all

If your backside is hurting this will be like getting a new bike.

As far as Winter in Illinois, come on down and ride Sumter SC's Burnt Gin HS on January 24. This event has a 100% pay back + $750 for the Pro's and trophies in all other classes. This will be the weekend before the Sumter National Enduro on Jan 31st. We also have the 5th Annuall Sumter Pit Bike Classic the night before the Enduro under the lights. Come get some riding in.

So is the stock 09 seat foam much firmer than the 06-08 foam??

I ask because my stock 06 seat is pretty soft. And I love it.

On the rough corners I can pick a line, get well forward, open some throttle, and the softish stock seat foam saves my tail bone from getting hammered on the sharp bumps. I try keep most weight on the outside peg, but I need my bum crack locked on the seat outer edge a little to take some acceleration force off my arms.

I think almost every part of my body aches after a good ride. Doesn't this mean it was a good ride?

I never sat on an 06 - 08 so I'm not sure. The 09 is pretty firm but I needed the height so my legs weren't cramped. At 6-3, I even looked cramped on the bike. I rode some on the stock seat and this one is definitely easier standing and sitting.

im thinking i might need the taller seat at 6'2". i cant even get my brake lever adjusted enough to where i can use it without lifting my foot off the peg. its kinda sucking cause i will lock up the rear coming into a bumpy corner. the taller seat should help me with this issue right?

Lower pegs will only compound the pedal height issue. I have them on my bike and ended up cutting a few threads off the M/cyl stud to get the pedal down. Most people over 6 ft have big feet, and my shifting improved when I added the longer Hammerhead shifter.

Take a towel and fold it up so it has about 1-2 inches of lift under you and sit on the bike. I believe your ankle position will improve quite a bit. Then stand up a few times and see if it doesn't do the same for your knees. Then remove the towel and try it, that should tell you.

I think almost every part of my body aches after a good ride. Doesn't this mean it was a good ride?

It means that was a great ride! :moon:

Your butt hurts when you ride? Stand up and ride more aggressive.

You get hot when your riding? Your not riding fast enough.

You are cold riding? Your not riding hard enough.

:cheers:?:smirk:

Lower pegs will only compound the pedal height issue. I have them on my bike and ended up cutting a few threads off the M/cyl stud to get the pedal down. Most people over 6 ft have big feet, and my shifting improved when I added the longer Hammerhead shifter.

Take a towel and fold it up so it has about 1-2 inches of lift under you and sit on the bike. I believe your ankle position will improve quite a bit. Then stand up a few times and see if it doesn't do the same for your knees. Then remove the towel and try it, that should tell you.

i have thought about getting the longer shifter cause i have bumped my shifter a few times sending it into neutral and it has caused me some problems coming into a few turns. thanks for the seat idea, ill give it a try. i have also thought about the gringind a few threads off to help get a better angle on the brake.

anybody know how much taller a tall seat is from a stocker?

Big fan of the taller seat foam kits for off road and trail riding, but the stock seat is good for moto where you want that low CG in the corners. the tall seat is great but a host of additional adjustment with the bars, controls, shifter and break are needed to make it comfortable, but then you are an inch or two "up". On tighter tracks with intermediate to harder soil, I find lower is better. On fast or sandy tracks where you are standing more, having an easier transition from sitting to standing can help ward off fatigue...but then again so would training....ughh!