Sign in to follow this  

What the hell is that?

What is this mystery piece sticking out of my klx? I have a fmf system-maybe part of that? It sure looks dangerous...

SANY1331.jpg

SANY1330.jpg

it looks like the spacer that goes between the subframe and the exhaust can strap/holder.

in roughly the same position(ish) as the helmet lock but on the right side of the bike, not the left

why it's there, i have no FRIGGIN clue

somone has used an over long bolt on the pipe to subframe mount , they have used a spacer in stead of washers so they could tighten it up . Get a new shorter bolt

thow a slider on there and it could serve as a good frame slider!!!

somone has used an over long bolt on the pipe to subframe mount , they have used a spacer in stead of washers so they could tighten it up . Get a new shorter bolt

exactly my thoughts

exactly my thoughts

if that is the way the Previous Owner solved problems, you better give that bike a good going over.

I've been restoring a 1997 RM250, and it's unbelievable how bad some people are with mechanics. But, I see that every time I buy a used bike. I've seen a lot of crazy stuff. Nearly every bolt stripped, broken bolts left all-over which were easy to take out and fix...everything set-up incorrectly...sad...But then again, seeing some of the stuff around here, I'm glad I bought my DRZ new!

Like punisher you need to go over the bike and check everything. That is the problem with a used bike you never know how it was kept or what has been done. It wouldn't hurt to pull it down and grease the swingarm & shock linkage and the steering stem as they rarely get much attention. This will give you a fairly good look at it.