Sign in to follow this  

Husaberg FX450

Does the Husaberg FX450 work on a motocross track??has anbody tried?Im looking for a bike to do both motocross and some nice enduro, not ugly and nasty enduro like:moon: novemberkasan..

It'l work good since Nate Woods is riding one for WORCS this season

Nathan should do well in the WORCS on the 450 FX provided he gets Factory Suspension and a flowed head and a Apro pipe........

I tested the FX at Glen Helen. It was nice and I thought is was working pretty good, until I took the Ktm 450sxf out for a reality check. The FX is still an enduro bike at heart. It isn't terribly fast and the suspension is still pure enduro. I would consider it an enduro bike that is suitable for moto practice, but it is still much more like a Ktm 450xcw than a 450xcf.

Here is my story link

http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/131/4883/Motorcycle-Article/2010-Husaberg-FX-450-First-Ride.aspx

I tested the FX at Glen Helen. It was nice and I thought is was working pretty good, until I took the Ktm 450sxf out for a reality check. The FX is still an enduro bike at heart. It isn't terribly fast and the suspension is still pure enduro. I would consider it an enduro bike that is suitable for moto practice, but it is still much more like a Ktm 450xcw than a 450xcf.

Here is my story link

http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/131/4883/Motorcycle-Article/2010-Husaberg-FX-450-First-Ride.aspx

Larsa: ok thanks that was really good to now,so that bikes is probley not what im looking for,mabye a tm :ride:then you get to choose your suspension..and they are cheaper to...

The Berg FX will never be a good motocross bike and will be challenged to be a good WORCS ride.

It needs serious suspension and motor work for Nathan to run with the big dogs (and he is a big dog)

Rory rode a stock FE 450 for all of 2009 and a stock FE 570 at the ISDE. He MX'd and WORCS raced the FE 450 and it sucked. I am sure the Husaberg Factory bikes are seriously WORKS BIKES with all the tricks!!!

My FE450 for a old man is a great bike but I would never MX it in the 50 class.

My 2009 FE450 is in transition now....soon to be a 390 (factory available parts) with a Bench Flowed head and Ohlins suspension and it should be awesome, but it is still not a MX bike and never will be.

I wish Nate a lot of luck....as he is a great friend and an incredible racer.

Tim Sullivan

Power and suspension can be worked out, The FX have the closed chamber forks and they are easily tuned, like wise on the shock any good KTM tuner can get the suspenders working well enough. The motor can be tuned to deliver enough usable power without a doubt.

Weight will be the major draw back and is very difficult to correct. The bottom line is the Berg is flat out heavier than the competition. Weight matters in MX. Will you be able to set the bike up as a comprimise machine capable of doing both well, I think so. But do not expect it to be a class winner.