Sign in to follow this  

switching from to 250f

hey guys i race/ride quads now but my cousin got a yz250f and i fell in love with it and now im wanting one. so what is there to expect? i know switching from the thumb throttle on a quad would be way different than the twist on a bike lol. has anyone else switched form quads to bikes? i think ill like bikes better. i used to ride them back in the day when i was younger but ive raced quads for 6 years now. so is there a lot more to learn on a bike?

thanks for any info

EDIT: oops just now realized i screwed up the title of this thread LOL

The only real difference is that on a bike you don't have to turn your bars as much in turns. It's more leaning than turning your bars. You will get used to a twist throttle rather than a thumb throttle pretty quick!

You will fall all over the place when you first start. Don't get discouraged, just keep riding and you'll get the feel for it after a while.

And you might want to invest in some folding levers.

I switched from quads to bikes and found that I had a habit of weighting the inside peg real hard. On the bike that makes the bike want to wash out and fall! It has been a hard habit to break but I made the switch after I was 40yrs old and I think I learn slower now plus I had a lot of years to get the habit ingrained.

The bikes are much easier on my wallet and much easier on my body too. :moon:

I grew up riding quads and started riding bikes when I was 28. I will never go back to quads. I used to talk crap about dirt bikes but I hadnt ridden one yet either. Have fun man. :moon:

You will want to weight the outside peg more in some flat/ off camber turns.

i get were the other guy is saying not turning the bars as much in turns on a bike as on a quad. ur gona have the bike leand over in turns thus far not turning the bars as much. but dont try and lay knee like the Moto GP races. i have always heard to stay parralel with the bike while turning, except when on a flat turn or off camber turn. u will want to weight the outside peg while sorta siting on the outside edge of the seat.

Hope this helps hog head! :moon:

just messin with ya broskie

Just make sure ur not persuaded into buying something u dont want. But just be sure to buy a dirt bike lol:thumbsup:

:moon: thanks for the advice zuki. im pretty sure im going to get one. thanks for the advice everyone.

:moon: thanks for the advice zuki. im pretty sure im going to get one. thanks for the advice everyone.

any time pig lips. any time lol