Sign in to follow this  

Louisiana Anyone in the New Orleans area?

anyone ride south-east louisiana? New Orleans or baton rouge area? I will be coming back home after the holidays and want to ride with fellow TTer's.

Hey, I'm in Baton Rouge. We ride street and gravel roads North of St. Francisville often.

http://dualsportridersoflouisiana.com/

There are no trails any closer than Forest Hill that I'm aware of, unless you ride the Spillway near LaPlace. I don't find the Spillway interesting at all. When the National Forest is open, we ride there almost every weekend.

http://www.fs.fed.us/r8/kisatchie/ohv/index.html

I have been out to the spillway about 3 times. Its ok but small and geared more towards 4x4 atv's. They have some ramps/jumps but not much. There is also the off-road park in Belle Chase. I haven't been there but its most likely similar to the spillway. I have heard good things about kisatchie. How far is it from BR? I will be back in N.O. in January and might hit it up.

I'm in Baton Rouge also. I've gone up to Forest Hill a couple of times, I can't get out nearly as often as Navaho6. Forest Hill is about 3 hours or ~200 miles from Kenner.

I've heard Sandstone was nice too, not been there yet. Where is your preference Navaho6 ?

PM me with a date, I'll need to see if I'm off work that day. (I'm a shift worker)

The motocross guys love the Sandstone trail in the Kisatchie District by Natchidoches (aka "Red Dirt") because the trails are wide and straight with lots of berms. Lots of deep sand there. I've only been there twice in my lifetime. It's just too fast and dangerous. Too many quads. If you want to ride it fast, you need to be on the trail at daylight on Sunday mornings before the quads get rolling. Be on the lookout for oncoming traffic !!!

I prefer the Camp Livingston Trails near Ball, LA. There are two trails, the Hickman and the Little Creek. Hickman trail is by far my favorite.

Camp Claiborne has real single track but it is somewhat beat up from all the racing. Still not a bad place if you don't mind all the exposed roots and occasional ruts. The atv trails out there are a joke, almost worthless.

The motocross guys love the Sandstone trail in the Kisatchie District by Natchidoches (aka "Red Dirt") because the trails are wide and straight with lots of berms. Lots of deep sand there. I've only been there twice in my lifetime. It's just too fast and dangerous. Too many quads. If you want to ride it fast, you need to be on the trail at daylight on Sunday mornings before the quads get rolling. Be on the lookout for oncoming traffic !!!

I prefer the Camp Livingston Trails near Ball, LA. There are two trails, the Hickman and the Little Creek. Hickman trail is by far my favorite.

Camp Claiborne has real single track but it is somewhat beat up from all the racing. Still not a bad place if you don't mind all the exposed roots and occasional ruts. The atv trails out there are a joke, almost worthless.

Thanks for all this excellent info.:moon: