Sign in to follow this  

jr 50 parts

i bought a 2003 jr 50 for my son ( who turns three on sunday) last week. the deal with my wife was to have some way to slow the bike down. unfortunately the guy i bought this from had the older throttle assembly without the turn down screw. to get to the point.. do i have to order this from a canadian dealer? my local guy can not get it. i emailed a couple other dealers from cal to nebraska, they can not get them either. How is my buddy getting parts for his CRF 50 while i cant get suzuki? oh nice forum i found it yesterday and it has been very helpful, except with this.

I would suggest taking a look at the ThumperTalk store for the throttle assembly. Another good source is RonAyers.com. You can look up the part on their microfiche and get the p/n or give them a call. Then see if the TT store has it or order from Ron Ayers.

Did you check to make sure the screw isn't simply missing and you need the whole assembly? It's a whole lot easier to get a screw than a throttle assembly and usually cheaper too!

You could also take the carb slide apart and stick a piece of gas line under the cap, above the slide on the cable, it's not as convenient to adjust, but it will be cheap and easy.

Hello My friends!

Ido have a problem too!

I need the spokes for my kids bike, and nowone in the US is allowd to sell any parts for kids bikes.

So does anyone knows a store in Canada or somewhere else I could find this?

Thanks for your help!

JR 50 is a 2 stroke?, I put a washer in the exhaust were it meets the head this slows the bike. mine is a PW 50 I think they are basicly the same.

I do the run along side trick to tune the bike for beginners

find a flat washer that has the correct OD then adjust the ID via drill it out till the bike will only go as fast as you can run.

For sure put a washer in the header pipe where it meets the cylinder. I can dig out the one that was in our JR stock and give you measurements if you want, but you can probably order one too.

Also, one of the best things I have done is put different sprockets on ours. Search for a thread by me titled something like JR50 Sprockets and Performance. These little bikes can seem week off the bottom with a washer in the header but the longer he holds the throttle open the faster it will go - too fast for you to run and catch him before he crashes into something...... I know.