Sign in to follow this  

2010 fender does not fit....

The 2010 fork guards do bolt right on to the 08 and 09 forks, but no go on the fender.

Yamaha changed the distance between the mounting bolts as well as the width. It is enough to not fit, but not quite enough to drill 4 new holes.

I may try re-drilling, but its probably not worth the effort and strength might be compromised. I will try to snap a pic tomorrow as its too cold now.

The 10 fork guards do look good.....

the front fender is pretty fugly imo...

Kind of weird that they would change it so much that it doesn't fit at all. Most bikes can use each other fenders with minimal if any modification.

....It is enough to not fit, but not quite enough to drill 4 new holes.

I may try re-drilling, but its probably not worth the effort and strength might be compromised.....

Redrill and use BIG washers!

the front fender is pretty fugly imo....

Yeah....on second thought, never mind!:moon:

Yes, they are still angry about WWII and Hiroshima. Getting even, I bike at a time. Maybe the aftermarket will offer an undrilled fender.

It would look decent and is wider. There is a goofy bend in the lower section to clear an exhaust header for the 4t.

It will also make things tough for the aftermarket. Triple clamps will have to be changed for no good reason at all.

Do you have any pics? I just can't imagine that it cannot fit at all...not that I don't believe you just sometimes its good to get a visual.

....Yamaha changed the distance between the mounting bolts as well as the width. It is enough to not fit, but not quite enough to drill 4 new holes.....
Do you have any pics? I just can't imagine that it cannot fit at all...not that I don't believe you just sometimes its good to get a visual.

I can 'get a visual' from his description....it doesn't fit!:moon:

Honda doesn't "match up" either but it didn't stop me from putting one on the YZ.

Josh, I will take one tomorrow..its too cold tonight.

I dont know a good way to show the difference, actually. I think I will take one of the new fender with the old hole pattern marked in sharpie.

They dont line up well at all. Yamaha could not have chosen a worse pattern to adapt to. The new fender even has different distances between the holes in the front vs the holes in the rear.

It will be easy enough to drill the correct holes, but they will be positioned very close to the wrong holes.

Ok that makes sense. I got the idea that you were saying "no way, no how" it would work if it was drilled to match.

I'd like to fit one of those new rear fenders on my 125... Even one from an 06-09 yzf, I like that flat straight out look. Has anybody attempted that modification?

Ok that makes sense. I got the idea that you were saying "no way, no how" it would work if it was drilled to match.

No, it WILL fit, technically...But the pattern changed just enough to make the space between the existing holes and my new ones really weak.

The other bad part about the fender is how much its curved...its pretty obvious that too far forward / or rearward, will cause the fender to rub on the tire.

ya just use big fender washers...or better yet, keep the 09 fender since the 2010 is ugly

The first pic is my stack of front fenders from 98-2008....these are just the spares and do not count the current front I have. I am ok on fenders and its not like this one has to fit.

The second (hopefully) shows the new fender with existing holes and the old hole pattern drawn on. The stock holes in the fender are huge to make room for the stock metal inserts. There is not much option in moving things forwards or backwards since the angles will put the fender into the tire, or make it drag on the frame. I know they are off slightly. I will correct this if I decide to drill it.

10 fender 005.jpg

10 fender 007.jpg

The 10 fenders and fork guards can be ordered from Yamaha. Not sure about t he 450 stuff, but the 250f part numbers are probably the same.

I turned the mounting holes into mounting slots and used the stock hardware....the fit is ok, but an undrilled fender woudl rock.

The look is ok..but not much more than that. It does match the old front numberplate really well

10 fender on 001.jpg

10 fender on 002.jpg

10 fender on 003.jpg

Wow, that totally doesn't match the bike at all! Do you like it? that's all thats important...

I agree: will pass on that look. I am not sure if I would want to "update" my bike anyway...cause then i would have to replace the motor with a 4 stroke!!!:moon:

We wouldn't wanna do that now would we:lame: