Sign in to follow this  

Husqvarna supermoto wheels to Wr250F

Hey, im thinking about to mount husqvarna supermotowheels to wr250F yamaha,

what kind of stuff i have to do to get them on my bike?

Bearings?

Spacers?

anything else?

Im going to try mount them because i found very cheap.

The backup plan is to "destroy" original wheels and take hubs from there.

Making a front wheel fit is pretty easy. You need the distance from the inside of the fork lug to the brake disk to match with the stock wheel (so the disk is aligned with the caliper, this is accomplished with the brake side wheel spacer), the proper diameter brake disk, bearings with an inside diameter to match the axle, and the rest of the space is made up with the other wheel spacer.

The rear is a little harder because the distance between the sprocket and the brake disk has to be the same as the stock wheel, otherwise you will have to somehow move your brake caliper to adjust for any difference. Other than that making it fit is about the same as the front wheel.

and just get bearings wich fits to yamaha's stock axels and to husqvarna's hub?

If the Husqvarna uses different sized axles then you will need to get bearings, seals, and spacers that fit the YZ axles and the Husqvarna hubs. You will then need to figure out your spacer lengths to center the rotor in the caliper on the front wheel. You need to make the rear sprocket line up with the chain guide and the reat rotor line up with the rear caliper, that is the hardest part most of the time.

Dont realy know what sizes yamaha uses, but in husqvarna its 17MM FRONT 20MM REAR.

The WR250F uses a 20mm front axle and a 22mm rear.