Sign in to follow this  

Used SM610 bikes

trying to decide between a more recent (2008) Husky Sm610, or... a much cheaper 2006 with about 7k miles. Great price on the one hand, but how much mileage is too much on these bikes?... and there's the FI to consider?

Also, what is the life expectancy of a 610 engine?

Ive seen soo many cheap SM in cali these days. no need to get one with high mileage. Ive seen 08's for 4600 with like 3k miles. where in cali are you?

The engines last a long time but they seem to need there cam chain replace every so often. lve seen cam chains replaced as soon as 3k miles and others go more than 10k.

Yah, in socal.

I typically agree that its worth the extra few bucks, but just weighing my options. Going price for a 2006 or even 07 is about 3k. Not bad

Call around to the dealers, winter time means good deals on 08/09 stock on the floor/crates. I bet you can get a new one at least $1K - $1.5K off retail. And then it's all yours.. no previous abuse.

I picked up a zero mile left over 2008 SM 610 for $6,299. I wanted a newer fuel injected model and was wiling to pay extra for it. I also liked the new black/red/white look with the black forks.

IMG_7622.jpg

Ive seen soo many cheap SM in cali these days. no need to get one with high mileage. Ive seen 08's for 4600 with like 3k miles. where in cali are you?

The engines last a long time but they seem to need there cam chain replace every so often. lve seen cam chains replaced as soon as 3k miles and others go more than 10k.

Awesome bike!! :moon: But also, check your "nuts"..

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=141762&highlight=Husky+Husqvarna

Ask me how I know.... or just read my post, last one in that thread..

When i was shopping before I got my bike Butches Power Sports had brand new 08s for like 5800. Thats still with warranty and you know its not been abused or wrenched on by some cork nut