Sign in to follow this  

Waterproofing seat foam

Whats the ticket to waterproofing seat foam,I just took the stock seat foam off of my 09 and it was soaked:thumbsup:

You can't. It is open cell foam. Imagine taking an ordinary sponge and spraying it with water repellant. It will be less effective but still very effective at soaking up water. You need a water proof cover. But then if water does get under the cover, the foam will never dry out.

wrap it with a nice thick mill plastic then put your seat cover back on. it probably wont be waterproof but will help keep it from being soaked.

Loki 1313 has it right. Use a piece of clear plastic over the foam and then put the cover back on. also, when washing the bike don't soak it especially with soap. I use pro clean bike washe super diluted and just lightly spray it on the seat and make sure that I pull the pressure washer nozzle far away when rinsing. The bike wash will eat the foam. Be careful with the Acerbis seat if you go that root, I think they need a little more development time as I have see some of the seat mounts tear off and I believe transworld did a test and experienced the same thing

Perhaps i just got lucky but i had my X-seat for 8months now and no problems at all.

In my opinion the X-seat is one of the best aftermarket product to bolt on.:moon: