Sign in to follow this  

My bro is not into MX as much as me

We both have dirt bikes and ride MX when we can... but - So anway we are both off wednesday so we are going to ride that day but he's like "why not the weekend?" and im like "its raining on the weekends".. so hes like "why dont we just wait til another weekend when there will be more people riding"....im like "*facepalm*.. why do you need others to be there, I'm there, its riding dirt bikes isn't that fun no matter if u are alone or not?"....... I don't understand him, not everyone gets to ride dirt bikes.. and life is short, and he is just not even really caring about riding.... hes kind of a red neck so it's odd that he's not as into it as me...

I love riding I don't care if its a weekday.. I'd ride all day everyday if I could.

Edited by sam351

Different people are into different things. You can't really make someone like something. Just try to make each time as fun as possible and maybe he will like it more, if not then it just isn't his thing. My brother was the same way when I was younger, he was never as into it as I was, and when he went to college he sold his bike and gave it up. It's been 10 years since he's ridden a dirt bike, but he's happier with cars and street bikes now.

he just doesnt have the passion to ride like you,me and everyone else here. its something he himself has to want to do. dont force him to.

Are the two of you about the same skill level or are one of you a lot better than the other?If he is slower than you, he might want to ride with guys that are about the same speed as he is. That might be why he wants to ride on the weekends when there are a lot of other people there.

You can't really force him to do what he doesn't want to do. If he doesn't like it as much as you do, so be it.

its frustrating for sure! around here i seem to be the one thats always wanting to get my friends together and ride. Im in Indiana and the weather is NEVER perfect, but they all seem to only wanna ride on that "perfect" day.

any day of riding is a PERFECT day! lol :moon:

...bunch of nancy boys haha

Edited by BykzRf549
forgot to insult them pansys
  • Like 2

:moon:...I'm going thru the same shyt! My bro has a mx bike and plenty of time to ride but always looking for an excuse to not ride:banghead:

I've gone as far as burning dvds of all my rides at the track and woods, hoping he would get motivated. Nadda, natha, nathan...he just dosen't get it! Its getting stupid trying to get this ****er to ride more.

Are the two of you about the same skill level or are one of you a lot better than the other?If he is slower than you, he might want to ride with guys that are about the same speed as he is. That might be why he wants to ride on the weekends when there are a lot of other people there.

Yes actually I blaze by him like he's sitting still.

I use to just ride my own pace, but I'm going to ride more laps with him now.

I think I'll also bring out the secret weapon... Anaheim 1 :moon:

(he never followed SX/MX before, actually this year was my first to follow SX & MX, and now I cant get enough!)

Edited by sam351

i have a couple friends like ur bro. One actually stopped riding for the season in the begining of September cause he didnt wanna wash his bike anymore. then some of my other friends wont ride if its drizzling out or below 50. But i also have alot of friends who really enjoy the sport as much as me so i let the others do what they want.

its riding dirt bikes isn't that fun no matter if u are alone or not?"....

I love riding I don't care if its a weekday.. I'd ride all day everyday if I could.

Right on man, i dunnno some people are just like that... i dont even see the point in living if u arent gonna ride dirtbikes, but thats me, and i am probably mentally crazy. Like yea it is more fun when u are riding with friends, but maybe he has just forgot that it is still fun when u r riding alone.

or

Its the bike. I was riding a CRF 150 for the longest time... and i probably would have been content with it if i hadnt ridden my friends 250. When u have a little hill or jump that u cant make its really demoralizing, or like when u cant go very fast over whoops b/c the suspension sucks, ya takes alot of the fun outta it. Anyway good luck.

ya could be the bike too. One of my friends used to have a crf230 he liked it and liked riding but only on nice days. But then he traded it for a ktm250sx and now he rides everytime i go ridening and he says hes gonna race next season.

Obviously he's not into it as much as you, and you can't make him like anything.

My advice to you is just go independant until you meet someone at the track.

I can tell you this, I don't know anyone that rides track, but if I started making friends that love to ride and have yourself and them riding together all the time should be easy. If I was head to head with someone of the same skill, and we were constantly fighting for that placement, after the race I'd just go up and talk to him/her and tell them how friggen awesome it was to try and keep up.

Yeah, MX is pretty boring. I'm on your bros side.

Go ride some trails.

We tried trails recently but he kept falling and was wondering how I do it.. lol.. but that was my first trail ride too.. but I'v been mountain biking a couple times before..

but yeah I really wanna go trail riding again.. it was like for 30 seconds but it was so fun!! Thankfully I also have a 27 year old brother that shares my riding passion... but he lives in another city. (hes actually the one that got us into it, but Iv wanted a dirt bike since I found out they existed when I was like 3.. I got mine a couple years ago.. but didn't ride in 2008 due to a problem we were tryna fix.) So yeah my 27 y/o bro lives in another city..so we don't go together as often.

But o well.. its fun to go with either of them when I get the chance. I'm thankfull to have bros and dirtbikes at all.. i love ridin :moon:.. they help out so much too

Oh and for the record.. my bro that the threads about is 20 years old.

Edited by sam351

It's weird how riding hits some more than others. I don't know why. I grew up with a lot of riders. My brother, step-brother, my cousins, one of my best friends. Some of them still live and breath it like me, some have waxed and waned over time or are simply in it casually but not very devoted, and some have dropped it completely. Sometimes I wonder which of us are the normal ones though.... honestly...

We tried trails recently but he kept falling and was wondering how I do it.. lol.. but that was my first trail ride too.. but I'v been mountain biking a couple times before.. I also road cycle 3 days a week...

but yeah I really wanna go trail riding again.. it was like for 30 seconds but it was so fun!! Thankfully I also have a 27 year old brother that shares my riding passion... but he lives in another city. (hes actually the one that got us into it, but Iv wanted a dirt bike since I found out they existed when I was like 3.. I got mine a couple years ago.. but didn't ride in 2008 due to a problem we were tryna fix.) So yeah my 27 y/o bro lives in another city..so we don't go together as often.

But o well.. its fun to go with either of them when I get the chance. I'm thankfull to have bros and dirtbikes at all.. i love ridin :moon:.. they help out so much too

Oh and for the record.. my bro that the threads about is 20 years old.

only ridden trails once and for 30 seconds??? get outta here. go hits the woods man.

I guess I can't talk though. I've always been a trail rider. I've only been to an mx track once and I just did like 3 laps. Seemed to stressful and repetitive for me. But idk, i'd like to try it again.

i only have one friend as into bikes as i am, and he never has time to ride, so i'll normaly ride on my own, weather it's for trails or mx.

only ridden trails once and for 30 seconds??? get outta here. go hits the woods man.

I guess I can't talk though. I've always been a trail rider. I've only been to an mx track once and I just did like 3 laps. Seemed to stressful and repetitive for me. But idk, i'd like to try it again.

i mainly trail ride, but hit the track whenever i can, i usualy ride my 300, but the last 5 trips i've ridden my mates rm-z 450, and the last time i rode a CRF250R, the differance a bike set up for mx is unbeliveable in the fun factor, that said my bikes much better off road then any mx bike i've ever ridden.

It comes down to motivation and priorities. Some people ride to feel the thrill of going fast. Some people ride because it's a way to hang out with people they enjoy being around. Everyone is different. Some people ride every chance they get, wife and kids be damned. Some people ride when it doesn't conflict with their kids' soccer game.

Find out what your brother's motivation is, and then maybe you'll understand how to get him excited about riding more.