Sign in to follow this  

drz 400s graphics/decal ?

Hey guys anyone have experiance with these graphics? they look cool but i have 2 questions. are the plastics for all the drz 400's the same I have 2002 s model i don't want to buy them and they not fit. my second question is are they hard to put on i know everything has to be squeeky clean other than that i dont know much about installing them any help would be appreciated http://www.amrracing.com/index.php?l=product_detail&p=8

Dont have specific exp with them but for graphics in Gen. THe S models have a different front fender from the SM and the E and K have a different rear fender from the S and SM.

You can make them fit pretty much anything with a hairdryer and an applicator.

You will need to clean the plastics with windex, the cleaner they are the better the graphics will stick. Them get a spray bottle and put 2 drops of soap and the rest distilled water. Lightly mist the area of the graphic you are putting on and start applying the decal by starting the edge. stick on edge and line it up really well. the solution will allow you to adjust a little and help pushing the bubbles out. Move across the surface with the applicator working from the original edge across. pushing the decal down and working the bubbles out.

When you get it all down, work any bubbles to the nearest edge. then hit it with a hairdryer to dry all the solution and heat up the adhesive. This will get them to really stick.

I like to put the fuzzy side of a velcro strip on one side of my applicator. keeps it from scratching.

Go for it.