Sign in to follow this  

Honda CRF 450R

I have a new 2008 honda crf 450r, it is about 35 degrees here (maryland). I started my bike up today and it was really popping alot from the exaust, could that be because of the temp or old gas??

I have a new 2008 honda crf 450r, it is about 35 degrees here (maryland). I started my bike up today and it was really popping alot from the exaust, could that be because of the temp or old gas??

I'm guessing both could be the cause. Drain the suspect gas and give her another shot.

When it gets colder out, you need richer jetting, try opening the fuel screw 1/4 turn.

Great you get to buy an adjustable fuel screw for your bike, and make sure the exhaust flange bolts are all tight. Have fun, break it in right, it will last!

Flyn Ryan

Heat the bike with salomander heater then try . If it runs with no backfire leave it alone. Unles you plan on running in winter.

You need to go out 1/2 turn on the fuel screw (from stock position!) as well as lower the needle jet clip at least one slot (raises the needle making it richer) and put one size larger main jet in, then you're good for the Winter.

Ed