Question for those running the 22mm clamps

Just change the clamps and nothing else. With the extra steering trail from the lower offset you might find you can sit more forward, which compresses the forks more so you can lower them in the clamps. But then to get the same bike balance restored, you could also lower the rear. Stick to your 11mm for starters and ride on a track you know really well. Only way to learn what the trail change does.

What fork height are you using? Im running the pc link and Ive had mine up around 10 to 12 mm on my 08. If I were to put the 22mm clamps on my bike would I go back down to the stock position?

I have an 08 KX450F. I called Pro Circuit after I received my link and ask a few questions. The suspension tuner I talked to, Joey, has a 2007 KX450f. He said to push my forks up in the clamps an extra 3mm from stock. So roughly 8 mm and to set the sag to 102-105 mm, regardless if I had the 22mm triple clamps or not.

I used to run my forks at 12mm up and I liked the way it felt. I will probably start with 8mm with the link and then try 10-12mm. Each person is going to have a different set-up that they feel comfortable with.

I have an 08 KX450F. I called Pro Circuit after I received my link and ask a few questions. The suspension tuner I talked to, Joey, has a 2007 KX450f. He said to push my forks up in the clamps an extra 3mm from stock. So roughly 8 mm and to set the sag to 102-105 mm, regardless if I had the 22mm triple clamps or not.

I used to run my forks at 12mm up and I liked the way it felt. I will probably start with 8mm with the link and then try 10-12mm. Each person is going to have a different set-up that they feel comfortable with.

why didnt you just buy the stock 2010 oem link?......its the same i believe and its $80

• 2 weeks later...

I still run it around 12mm with the link and like it just the same, 22mm clamps make a big difference one of the better mods I've done for sure

Actually, the 09 clamps will fit the earlier years however the older ones will not fit the new bikes. I know it sounds weird but when I called RG3 they told me that the older clamps hit the frame. He also said that you can make them work by machining the clamps down a bit.

If you want the thing to turn, run 20's!

I have just put on RG3 20 degree offset clamps on my '10 (albeit with akit suspension) and it certainly has lost the tendency to stand up in corners now!! It holds lines with ease. Much better.

Is it any harder to hold in a straight line over the rough stuff? And how much different is the ride with the showa akit?