Sign in to follow this  

NorthCarolina Carolina Powersports Park enough of the rain!

Looks like rain again on Friday and Sat. Will have to watch conditions again this weekend but should be pretty good unless we get another monsoon. This is getting crazy, where was all this rain when I was trying to get the grass to grow, now the problem will be mowing it. Seems like all I do any more is dig out the silt ponds.

Looks like rain again on Friday and Sat. Will have to watch conditions again this weekend but should be pretty good unless we get another monsoon. This is getting crazy, where was all this rain when I was trying to get the grass to grow, now the problem will be mowing it. Seems like all I do any more is dig out the silt ponds.

Where is this Carolina Motorsports Park ,especially in relation to Columbia SC?

Does it have trails or just tracks? If all this rain leaves it rideable, it either is very sandy, rocky, or the owners have a huge trail rehab budget!

Thanks!

Where is this Carolina Motorsports Park ,especially in relation to Columbia SC?

Does it have trails or just tracks? If all this rain leaves it rideable, it either is very sandy, rocky, or the owners have a huge trail rehab budget!

Thanks!

It is located on the foothill of a mountain so it drains well and actually a little rain makes it better but what gets bad is the road comming in. We have spent so much on it that we can't afford any more destruction. We have MX track, enduro-x course, hill climbs and one way trails.

Check out www.carolinapowersports.net, FB@carolina powersports promotion, twitter@carolinapwoersp, or call 828 443 2967.

We're about 3 hr form Columbia

The one way trails sound interesting... how many miles do you have ? And generally, are they more technical slower riding or more flowing?

We just trail ride, so unless you have a really easy mx track for more ah, mature, guys ....

Thanks! And that must be some road! Lucky my truck is 4x4, unlucky it is a long bed crewcab diesel... all the weight on the front wheels!

the trails are flowing and moderate speed. the hill climbs can get a little crazy if you want to do them, the mx track is probably an intermediate track? nothing to crazy, but enough to keep you on your toes. its a good place for sure.

Thanks Thumper!

If the weather improves and I can get away, I might check it out!

Any idea how many miles of trails there are? I don't mind the 3 hour drive so much if there are a fair number of miles.

Thanks Thumper!

If the weather improves and I can get away, I might check it out!

Any idea how many miles of trails there are? I don't mind the 3 hour drive so much if there are a fair number of miles.

right now there is only about a 4 or 5 mile loop laid out but now that deer season is over we can add a few more miles to the loop. Usually when we have races here we end up with about 8 to 10 miles.

Thanks! I am sure we will make it up some time.. With the weather being iffy, it might be a few weeks ! More trail is great!

What The!!!!!!!!! Its snowing here!!!!!!!!!!!! Calling for upto 10 inches by 2morrow!!!!!Bring the snowmobiles boyz

evan, how about building a huge covered shed area with an enduro x course inside so we can ride all year!! this weather is crazy , and frustrating!

evan, how about building a huge covered shed area with an enduro x course inside so we can ride all year!! this weather is crazy , and frustrating!

ya know, its funny you say that cause I am actually working on a project to build a indoor track in a covered horse riding areana just down the road. Thier horse biz is so bad that they said they have to do something so I suggested our sport to them. Its a little low for a full blown arenacross but I think we could build something that would take off, whether its a enduro-x or a smaller version of a arena-x or we could alternate form weekend to weekend. What ya think?

Oh yea and I'm working on another top secret indoor venue that will blow your mind if I can get it off the ground. It would be siiiiiiiiiiick!!!!!!!!!!!!

sweet. i think a place like that would be full on a weekend like this. throw some logs, rocks, make some whoops, lots of turns, sounds good.

I like the indoor riding idea.... not normally, but darn this global raining problems is getting out of hand... we need to do something about this!

Now snow?!?! mmm wonder how those slick pro-rider trial tires are in the deep powder?????

10pm 1' of snow and its still commin down....it looks like freekin Canada out there!!!!!

6 in of snow in MEBANE N C and it is not going to stop till it get's 8 in just saw a snow mobile go down the road thought you would need more snow to ride one of those ..

ya know, its funny you say that cause I am actually working on a project to build a indoor track in a covered horse riding areana just down the road. Thier horse biz is so bad that they said they have to do something so I suggested our sport to them. Its a little low for a full blown arenacross but I think we could build something that would take off, whether its a enduro-x or a smaller version of a arena-x or we could alternate form weekend to weekend. What ya think?

Now that sounds awesome... I think a easier Endurocross race series could take off if people would give it a try. I know I'd give it a try.

The hard part is getting one going with enough people to try the first few races. When people hear endurocross they think of the big series and turn into total wusses. But, if you could get a few dozen people down for the first few races, then get pics and videos out there promoting it, that would probably help it take off.

Arenacross doesnt sound that bad either, especially when you say its too low for a full blown Arenacross track haha (that catapult in the big AX series is sketchy for sure)

Evan, if you get things with the places going and need an extra hand with anything, just let me know and I'll see what I can do:thumbsup:

6 in of snow in MEBANE N C and it is not going to stop till it get's 8 in just saw a snow mobile go down the road thought you would need more snow to ride one of those ..

Hey Mebane! S'up? Have you seen ole Rocky or Roger in awhile? Do you guys still ride out there?

GRAY FOX GET RID of your butt crack itius 10 or 12 sometime ride loggers have took over our trails still 20 or more miles is all we have TED AND HIS BOY ; SAMMY AND friends go alot .

If it ain't rain its a foot of snow then some more rain! Will we ever be able to ride again before spring?