Sign in to follow this  

Wheel bearings nightmare

i have excel rims on a crf 250 r that has pivot works bearings. They need to be replaced. I cant find anything on any site that confirms the bearing #6905 2rs. I need the kit with seals as well. Seems to be a nightmare no matter what site i go to. Please tell me where to find the right bearing kit I need.

Thanx

What year? The 95 and up used 6904's. From 90-94 they are 6003 I think. Go to Service Honda and look them up. The Honda data has the standard bearing numbers.

The other thing to do is pound them out and take them with you to a bearing store, of you clean them good you might be able to read the numbers with them in place

If it's the stock hub, use oem bearings if you aren't sure about purchasing them industrial. Oem japanese bearings are better than the chinese pivot-works stuff.

All bearings are NOT equal. Chinese metalurgy is suspect at best.

Just take the bearings and seals over to your local bearing supply house, generally they will have the bearings in stock and will be at least 50% less than everywhere else! On an old 89 CR 250 that I had, the rear bearing was not available anywhere other than honda, thus, honda wanted a mint for it (59.00 I believe). I took the bearing and seal over to my local place, and walked out 16.95 lighter in the wallet!

precision industries. ive got bearings and seals there before for various things and they are about half the price and they usually have them in stock.