Sign in to follow this  

How not to lube your chain - GRAPHIC !

Wow so I seen this on a different site. Guy was trying to clean his chain while on a stand and idling.

Do NOT goto this link if you have a weak stomach !

You have been warned !

I meant it , its gross !

Okay , hope you haven't eaten lately !

Link :

How Not To Lube Your Chain

That's exactly why these forum's are invaluable , my Dad called it "Horse Sense", but not everyone has someone to teach them at home..

Wow! I've got a buddy that did something similar with a street bike. He had just finished changing the oil and had it up on the stand idling in gear. He tripped on something and fell into the chain with his hand. The incedent took about 1/2 off the end of his index finger.

Sometimes common sense can't prevent an accident from happening. :moon:

He's real lucky he didn't lose more of any of his fingers. At least his hand will still be somewhat functional and maybe even enough so to continue some casual street riding.

As dumb as his mistake was, I'm not gonna rip on the guy because we all make them to some degree.

when i was tuning a 1977 xl100 for a friend, i was riding it around a local paddock,when a stick got caught in the shifter, stupid me, decied to grab the stick while i was still riding, cuz the bike had no clutch and had to pushstart it, so i go to grab the stick, miss it and my lfth ring finger, went throught the front sprocket and cut about 5-8mm off the top of my finger... plz dont call me stupid( eventhough i was silly enough to do this...), it was an accident, and accidents happen

I wonder if gloves come in short fingered versions B)

A friend was loading his son's bike in the back of his pickup and asked the son to give a push as the front wheel was stalled at the ramp/tailgate junction. The son reached out to the swingarm area and one finger got pulled between the rear sprocket and chain - ouch. I think they managed to save the last joint, but some meat was lost.

This is a pretty common occurrence for newbies. I always ask helpers to turn the rear wheel by pushing along the top of the wheel - easier to do, better leverage, and safer. :smirk:

I know guy that did the same thing when he was lubing his chain on his banshee. He jacked up the rear of the quad and looked away and it pulled his middle finger through the rear sprocket and took it off.