Sign in to follow this  

California Damn I hate C.A.R.B...

This probably would not of happen if the state didnt need money so bad. Its a crock that someone thats supposed to be an inspector that probably doesnt know their A-hole from a hole in the ground do these inspections.

Did you read the comments? What is of more concern than the bureaucrats taking the action against Target is that some readers actually think that this is necessary to achieve good air quality.

Where do they get these morons? Oh yeah, they elected 'Bama et al.

Bob

I work in the environmental industry and have frequent dealings with the Board and their minions. Even if I could explain the attitudes of these people, you would never believe me anyway.

Any reduction in so-called pollutants no matter how small, either real or perceived, is to be ruthlessly acheived, regardless of the expense to businesses or taxpayers.

When the global warming SCAM gets passed and becomes official, the Target fine will look like lunch money. Let's just say things will get much much worse.

We may all be riding electric motorcycles, and will have to pay through the nose to to get them charged.

If you don't think this can happen in good old USA, think again. A big thanks to Al Gore and friends. Oh, but they will fill their bank accounts.

Someone explain what a green sticker is? what bikes can get it. Not models, specs.

Red sticker? I read its fir non compliant ohv. Mine is one of those. What is a red sticker for.

Where do I need these stickers to ride. Can I ride wherever I want anyways?

Someone fil me in. I have been riding private property for a long time. Where I would shoot any treaspassers.

I'm confused about custom pitbikes and their off road legalities. HELP -BIG DAN:thumbsup:

Modern day Nazi's : Your stickers are not in order and you do not have the right wiper fluid, Pay us now or you will come with us to the re-education camp.

Old bikes get green stickers, it's actually an Off Highway Vehicle license plate (but it's a sticker). Newer bikes get a green or a red sticker, cleaner bikes (lean four strokes) get green, Possibly less clean but mostly not tested or rated by CARB are two strokes and race bikes (non trail) they USUALLY get a red sticker but sometimes they get a green and then a nasty letter and then a red sticker.

Lots of "chinese, Korean, Taiwanies, or built from parts (no Title) etc.. bikes that will never get any sticker as they have never been sold correctly and are illegal to ride on anything but private property.

***These are only my interpretaions of the facts and may in fact be completely of base.***

Whats next? Our wives are gonna start stinkin because CARB decides to ban perfume? I think we all want clean air but start at the top with the mass polluters, not the bottom! :cheers: Air freshener? Really? :moon:

Old bikes get green stickers, it's actually an Off Highway Vehicle license plate (but it's a sticker). Newer bikes get a green or a red sticker, cleaner bikes (lean four strokes) get green, Possibly less clean but mostly not tested or rated by CARB are two strokes and race bikes (non trail) they USUALLY get a red sticker but sometimes they get a green and then a nasty letter and then a red sticker.

Lots of "chinese, Korean, Taiwanies, or built from parts (no Title) etc.. bikes that will never get any sticker as they have never been sold correctly and are illegal to ride on anything but private property.

***These are only my interpretaions of the facts and may in fact be completely of base.***

So, I have a 1990 KX60 with a chinese engine... what does this mean for me?

So, I have a 1990 KX60 with a chinese engine... what does this mean for me?

Would be green stickered I believe. Anything up to year 2002 gets a green sticker. 2003 - present will get red if it's a 2 stroke or an MX bike. my 2003 YZ450F is red stickered. Means I can only ride a few places year round and many more places I can only ride during winter and early spring. Summer time is off limits. Unless I was to ride strictly track. CARB sucks!!

I work in the environmental industry and have frequent dealings with the Board and their minions. Even if I could explain the attitudes of these people, you would never believe me anyway.

Any reduction in so-called pollutants no matter how small, either real or perceived, is to be ruthlessly acheived, regardless of the expense to businesses or taxpayers.

Yup, I work with state regulators too...... environmental nazi's all of them

Thanks friends. Is there an inspection of the bike before they will sticker me? Or can I let this engine thing remain a secret to them? -BIG DAN:thumbsup:

Thanks friends. Is there an inspection of the bike before they will sticker me? Or can I let this engine thing remain a secret to them? -BIG DAN:thumbsup:

Last year a friend of mine had used 2005 CRF450R that he got from Arizona, I think. Anyway, when he registered it at the DMV, a guy came out and checked the Frame and Engine VIN's. Don't now what he compared them to, but in the end he got his Red Sticker. I don't know if this will matter when you register it, but yes his was inspected.

THANKS

Yeah, I know that out of state reg will require inspection, but whats up with an off the books bike? I'm fairly certain that my frame was sitting in a garage for 10+ years. -BIG DAN:thumbsup:

When the global warming SCAM gets passed and becomes official, the Target fine will look like lunch money. Let's just say things will get much much worse.

We may all be riding electric motorcycles, and will have to pay through the nose to to get them charged.

If you don't think this can happen in good old USA, think again. A big thanks to Al Gore and friends. Oh, but they will fill their bank accounts.

Totally disagree, we won't be riding bikes, or electric or anything else. Because NO ONE will have a job!