Sign in to follow this  

pro taper bars

i'm lookin for new bars with very high strength and i'v heard pro taper greatly outlast renthal. im looking for a bar thats not very wide (for singles trail riding) and one that is VERY STRONG.

cut down????

You just need to hack saw them. I know pro taper bars come with a few spaced marks on each end of the bar so you can cut them down evenly. It is very easy and only needed if you think you need them for more narrow trails.

Pro Taper EVOs.....They are 31.5in wide. I cut .75 off each end with a hacksaw......Perfect for singletrack.....Make sure all levers and controls will fit before cutting to much off...

ProTaper EVO's are pretty hard to beat.. their Contour bar is also very good. I like Renthal's (the regular 7/8" bar) and ran with those for many years (first started using them in '84!).. they're a great bar, but won't take the abuse that the 1&1/8" Pro Taper will.

Pro Taper EVOs.....They are 31.5in wide. I cut .75 off each end with a hacksaw......Perfect for singletrack.....Make sure all levers and controls will fit before cutting to much off...

Good point! :moon:

If anyone is needing a good amount of room for levers and controls I would stick with the Pro Taper Contours- they have a lot more mounting area than the EVO's do. I ran into this little problem with my 450x (which has the starter, brackets for handguards, etc.).

It depends on how much room you need for controls, handguards, etc.. If you're on the YZF 250 that I see in your garage then you're probably fine with the EVO's. That is the stronger between the 2 pro-taper bars. Evo's cost around $90, I believe, whereas the contours are a little bit cheaper(around 70). Both are very strong and are more durable than the 7/8" renthal, in my experience. You can cut either of those 2 bars down-- depending on how much you're cutting off, though, you might be better with the contours.

Well, in that case the Evo is probably the way to go, unless $ is a factor, then Contours.. Good luck and have fun! :moon:

I currently am running the pro taper evo woods high bars. no need to cut they come

already narrow for trail riding. (width 800mm, pull back 65mm, and height 95mm)

I love these bars!

Actually, the 800mm width of those Woods EVO's are the same as all of the other EVO's (they're all 800mm wide according to the specs on the protaper site). The Woods Contours are slightly narrower (at 775mm) but many woods riders will hack a little more off (25mm = roughly 1 inch, so it's not a huge difference although you may be able to feel the difference).