Sign in to follow this  

Maxima 927- Klotz Super Techniplate --Compare/Contrast

Who has used both of these oils, are they close to the same thing. I'm currently using 927 and like it but the price jumped up. The lubrication of the 927 is the best I have used. Just changed the piston after 50+ hours and its the best looking one I have seen. The only drawback is the extra buildup of carbon in the pipe and I noticed some rust spots on the crank. I think the

Klotz will yield the same results, since they are both a synthetic/castor blend.

I am going to try the Super Techniplate or the R50 from Klotz since it is cheaper, to see how it compares to the 927. Anyone out there use these oils for a comparison?

They are all going to go up in price. I would just stick with what you are using.

Their pretty much the same, i called maxima up and asked them what was the percentage of caster is in it but they said the could tell me exactly. i use both but i like klotz better.

Wow! Forgot about this post. I chose the R50 to run so far, and like it. It has been cold here this winter and I want to use an oil and be able to run it all year without worry of separation in the cold temps of winter. Also don't want to have to switch back and forth between oils. The R50 does load up a little when putting around, but cleans out fine when back on the pipe. Just tore down and cleaned the power valves after running about a quart of oil through the bike. I don't know how much of the 927 was left in there, but it cleaned up with a rag and WD-40 pretty easily.