Sign in to follow this  

01 pipe< what other years will fit?

looking for a new pipe for my 01' cr250, would really like to find a stocker to replace my smashed pipe, then i plan on having mine fixed & just keeping it around for a spare for when the next one gets crunched, that way I hope to be able to keep a good pipe on the bike while one is being repaired, I really dnt wna spend $200+ for a fmf or pc etc. the bike has plenty of power to suit me with the stocker, any ideas on where to find one or what other yr. model stock pipes will fit, i'm thinking 00'-01' are the only ones that work?????thanks, Dusty

00 & 01 for sure. 02 and later are a no go as they used a bolt on male flange instead of having the male end on the pipe. 97-99 would have the same cyl to pipe interface as your '01 but unknown if the frame mounts would line up. (Don't have a 1st gen to check for you) :moon:

Keep your eye out on ebay, you can usually get pretty good deals on there. Especially in this day of people making 500 AF's, everyone is parting out their bikes....should be able to find something worth while.

I watched craigslist, and posted a wanted ad. But what really helped was emailing guys that were selling complete bikes and asking if they still had their stocker laying around. I got one for $20...

I am pretty sureI have one and you can have it. I will take a look when I get home, it's off of my 01 cr250 and i think the stock silencer is still around. Where in VA?

i'm just north of bristol, bout 35 miles from the tn line, area code is 24319, & I'd be glad to buy them from you & pay the shipping if you still have them........thanks! Dusty