Sign in to follow this  

XR200 Clutch Rebuild Parts

Help! I've used search, but most of the clutch discussions become pissing matches about synthetic vs. dino oil...

I would like to know which parts to use to rebuild an XR200 clutch. I thought I had read (somewhere, sometime) to use XL350 plates and Barnett heavy duty springs, or XL125s plates and XL350 springs, or some combination of something. Now I have no idea what that combination was.

This will be a newly rebuild fresh motor, not a real monster, but it WILL be used on the street and the clutch will see some abuse. Let me know what you recommend, including part numbers and sources if available.

If the information in this thread pans out we can add it to the "Parts List" sticky! :moon:

-Tom

I used an EBC dirt racer kit in mine and it seems to work well. The kit comes with steels, fibers and springs. I think I paid like $50 or so for it. You will need the side cover gasket, centificul oil filter gasket and the special tool for the oil spinner nut on hand to do the job.

I put a Barnett in one of my 200s back in the eighties and ran a couple of years of Enduros with it. The engine has a big bore high compression kit and aftermarket exhaust and the clutch is still working great. The stiffer springs do increase lever effort which can become tiring if you use the clutch a lot, but you adjust and forget. Then when someone rides the bike and comments about the high effort required to operate the clutch.

I used an EBC dirt racer kit in mine and it seems to work well. The kit comes with steels, fibers and springs. I think I paid like $50 or so for it. You will need the side cover gasket, centificul oil filter gasket and the special tool for the oil spinner nut on hand to do the job.

where do you get the pecial tool ofr the oil spinner nut? I was looking at dennis kirk but i dont think i saw it.