Removing Graphics?

I just picked up an '01 YZ426 that has a graphics kit on it that I am thinking of changing. I have never taken graphics off a bike but is seems like it is going to leave a lot of goo-residue. Any tips, or should I stock up on Goo-Gone and plan on spending a weekend peeling and cleaning?

taking graphics off is pretty easy. Just get a heat gun or hair drier and heat the graphics up at the edge and move down as you're peeling the graphic away. As far as taking off the residue I'm not too sure what common household item will work but I do know that DeCal Works sells a solution to take graphics off. Maybe even some goo gone or simple green will work.

I always just buy new plastics much easier

This was the path I was going to take, unless I see some confidence building goo removal techniques. That is tedious work I have never enjoyed when taking stickers off stuff. Maybe these graphics don't leave any? wishful thinking I thinkin', but maybe :moon:

I forgot to mention that if you want to get rid of the sticky crap that a sticker can sometimes leave behind, use WD40 and a rag. With a little scrubbing you can get it off.

Goo-gone works best, if you can find some buy it, lasts for years.

Heat gun or hair hair dryer (wife's hair dry she will love you for that:thumbsup:) will help peel the stickers off. I use rubbing alcohol to get the sticky off. Alcohol will also not leave a oil resin and preps your plastic for the new stuff. If you have any scratches, then wet sand the area with some 400 to 600 grit wet/dry to smooth it out, then wipe it again with the alcohol. Jack Daniel is for drinking, not for sticky stuff so use medical rubbing alcohol. However, it wouldn't hurt to take a snort of jack before you start. :moon:

• Like 1

Heat gun or hair hair dryer (wife's hair dry she will love you for that:thumbsup:) will help peel the stickers off. I use rubbing alcohol to get the sticky off. Alcohol will also not leave a oil resin and preps your plastic for the new stuff. If you have any scratches, then wet sand the area with some 400 to 600 grit wet/dry to smooth it out, then wipe it again with the alcohol. Jack Daniel is for drinking, not for sticky stuff so use medical rubbing alcohol. However, it wouldn't hurt to take a snort of jack before you start. :moon:

Now there's the tip I've been looking for :cheers: