Sign in to follow this  

California June Lake/Mammoth area riding?

Planning on camping at June Lake in June/July, would love to take my 450, does anyone know if there are red sticker restrictions in that area?

There are none. The Inyo is red sticker friendly if you can believe that. You just can't ride on the streets legally with red sticker.

Awesome, thanks. Can you recommend any fun trails/routes out of June Lake? Where can I get a map of trails for the area? Thanks

There are so many fun routes out of June Lake so it's hard to recommend a trail, there are just so many various ways to connect and no real signed trail system -- which we prefer.

But, I can recommend:

June Lake to Lee Vining for lunch

June Lake to Mammoth Lakes (or Mammoth Mountain)

East Craters signed loop that begins across the highway from the June Lake Junction. (it's 25 miles long)

Target practice at the free June Lake shooting range.

Up here it's more about exploring and just heading in the general direction you want to travel.

The Mammoth Lakes visitor center has an OHV map which gets passed out for free but it only shows about 10% of what is actually out there. Good start though.

Do you have GPS? go to GPSXchange.com

Not really any single track just wide soft (really soft pumice) Jeep Roads.

I have four loops, two east of 395 two west. Day ride to Bodie, over night to Hawthorn.