Sign in to follow this  

DRZ400SM Flat and Bogging

Hey guys, picked up my 05 DRZ400SM yesterday, had previously test tode it and got to ride it home, about 25kms or so. bike ran fine, loved it. Took it for a ride last night and just as I got to my driveway the bike stalled with clutch in waiting for traffice to pass so I couldturn in, got it started again and that was it.

This morning was crap, battery went flat so I roll started it and then let it idle before getting on it in the pouring rain to take it around the block to make sure the battery would be ok, half way around the block the bike starts to chug like it needs fuel and giving it throttle causes it to bog and feel flat.

Walked to the servo and got fuel, gave it half a tank and then got some help with jumper leads to start it, on the way home the bike did the same thing, started to chug when it was given throttle and felt really flat. Could it just be it needed time for the fuel to get through it some more as the ride hom was all of 3 minutes or so, the bike does smell a bit like fuel, is it maybe too rich and I can wind the air screw a bit?? Or does this only work for the bike while idleing? Which way do I go to make it leaner, left or right is this will work?

Sorry it's so long just a bit worried about my new bike, as it was great fun yesterday :moon:

Edited by josh_182
More info needed

get a multimeter and test the batery.go to the FAQ's a the top of the page for the step by step procedures.it sounds like theres a stator problem or you got a bad battery.jetting does not just change

YeahI didn't think it'd be carb related too much as it was going fine for a while before the battery gave out. Maybe if Icharge the battery tonight and then take it out tomorrow n see how it goesand get a new battery while I'm at it.