Sign in to follow this  

XR650R: Stock suspension setup for SM bike

Hi guys.

Does anybody have any ideas to give me on compression and rebound clicks for the stock suspension (front and rear) in order to make the bike more of an SM.

I've been playing around with the adjusters but i can't say i have found what i'm looking for. I know suspension is a private issue but any ideas will be helpfull in experiementing and also it'll be interesting to know what setup you guys use. I'm 65kg if that matters.

Thanks a lot.

Go for heavy duty springs in the front first ,esp. for street/SM use. I had WP springs in my OEM forks and a brace before I went UPSD.

Yes WP springs were on my mind too. Suspension is probably the next thing i'm doing to the bike.Too bad WP makes only fork springs for the R.

I just wanted suggestions for a fast setup on stock suspension (compression and rebound clicks) for both rear and front, 'till i afford to do more serious things about it and 'till i decide what the best thing to do also.

I've been messing around with them lately and i can't say i'm totally satisfied with my results.