Sign in to follow this  

light switch install

Wanna be able to turn the lights off, has anyone done this mod?, i would like to break into the loom and fit a neat switch,

Does any one know if the wires are colour coded?, or have i gotta start digging around.

I started a thread earlier about using a KDX 200 switch. I dont know how to link you to it, just use search.

Thanks for the link guy's, i'm still unsure, if i get an old light/kill switch, will it plug and play in my, 03, CA spec KLX400SR, or will i need to do surgery?. tnx.

Thanks for the link guy's, i'm still unsure, if i get an old light/kill switch, will it plug and play in my, 03, CA spec KLX400SR, or will i need to do surgery?. tnx.

it plugs striaght in

At the risk of getting a load of stick, i've just thought if i can't source an old type switch i have a spare switch already fitted,... it's called the kill switch!, i've never used it ever on any bike, and my only experience is when someone switches it off without me knowing and the bike won't start...

For a head light switch you need one that is 2 position - ON and OFF. The wire you are looking for is the yellow with white trace from the HI/LO beam switch where it plugs into the orange wire. Un-plug that connection and insert your switch there.

Yes you can use the existing kill switch if you want. You will need to jumper the existing wires to maintain power to the CDI and rewire the switch into the headlight circuit. Not that hard if you have a diagram and know what you are doing.

Ive just pulled the high beam wire of the bulb, when i go riding in the bush, i put the switch to high and the light goes out. Low beam still works fine for when you need a light for on the road.

That's a bloody good idea paul, in fact here you could have high beam only coz they've never heard of dipping lights or even when to use em if they've got em.