Sign in to follow this  

Renthal fatbars enduro xr250r 5'7" ok??

Hi Guys,

Well Ive searched and read all of the info and questions on bar bends etc on here but couldnt find much info on this bend.

Currrently I'm looking to get the renthal fatbar in their enduro bend, its a 99mm high bar with 54mm sweep and 780mm width. 745-01 on this page http://www.renthal.com/File/product2d.asp?productid=0&tabtype=5&zone=&biketype=&manufacturer=&model=&bikedate=

As they are a fat bar I'll be using the "uni fitting kit" as shown on this page http://www.racespec.co.uk/acatalog/Clamps.html as it seems to be the lowest one I can find (ie adds the least amount extra height to the bars)

Im 5'7" with a 1998 XR250R and stand up whenever possible and use the bike on what I guess you'd call single track, and greenlanes but I do use the bike on the road and sitting too but only too and from the greenlanes so Im not commuting or doing lots of road miles on it!

At the moment within a few minutes of standing my wrists hurt and after a bit longer I get pins and needles and have to sit again until that goes before I can stand to ride again, I think its due to the angle and the solidness/lack of flex of the stock bars.

I figure something higher than stock with less sweep will generally straighten my wrists and the extra flex that I should get with fat bars without the usual brace should help as well?? but I'm just wondering if these will be too high for me as Im guessing with the adapters they are probably a bit over an inch higher than stock bars with about an inch less sweep...

Next issue is my wife is getting the bars for me for Christmas and wants to know which ones I want by tomorrow :moon:

Im also getting some wider foot pegs so should be a nicer bike to stand on all round :cheers:

Cheers

Ben

oh the other thought is if I'll have any issues with throttle cables reaching/stretching etc as the bars are that much higher? or will they reach ok?

Cheers

Ben

Your cables should be fine with the universal fatbar clamp you linked too. Haven't heard to many people using the enduro bend or recommend it for that matter. Seems like most go with a "Hi" bend or a "XC" bend. But it all comes down to what works for you. The bend could be debated for years. Is there any place near you that sells bars where you could go down and maybe check out the bends and hold them upto your bike to see if they are right for you ?

Hi, cheers for that,

These bars are pretty similar to the CR HI by the looks of the spec they are just a bit narrower (about 15mm or 19/32ths) which should be good for me as I'll be installing barkbusters, the type with the metal bar that bolts to the end of the handlebars - could've cut the CR HIs I guess but if I then dont like them Im out of luck for returning them. also they have a less sweep (about 5/16ths or 8mm).

I only really found one mention of them from a guy saying they were pretty good for standing and felt pretty straight, but not as comfy as cr hi's for sitting so I can live with that if it turns out to be right, nothing much near me to go and try them so they'll be ordered online.

Cheers

Ben

Actually just found out these are a cut down RC / Carmichael bend identical just 20mm narrower for my barkbusters, think I'll give them a shot unless anyone else has any thoughts on it...

Cheers

Ben

I've been using the Renthal Pastrana FMX bars on my enduro machine for the last few races, and I really like them. They are narrower than the enduro bars, and they have the highest bend you can get in a Renthal AFAIK. They've been with me through a few enduros and have held up great. I use the Cycra barkbusters with the mounts attached to the top triple clamp. Very clean, very nice and all the cables and everything still has plenty of room.

Check them out. It seems funny to look for FMX bars for enduro/offroad, but they are nice and tall and really narrow.