Sign in to follow this  

Looking For A Trail Bike I Think

I looking for a dirt bike for my daughter. This year she rode my son's old YZ85 but that was too much bike for her. The height was fine but she is not aggressive enough and was intimidated by the power delivery even after fitting it with a Stealthy flywheel weight. I know I want a 4-stroke and think I want something like a TTR but I have 3 Hondas and am partial to them unless convinced otherwise. I only know MX bikes and really don't know what to look for outside of that category. Any suggestions in models and sizes would be appreciated.

Either an XR100 or a TTR125 - As far as the TTR goes, get the model with the bigger wheels. Not knocking the XR, but the TTR is the better of the two...I've had both for my son when he was little. Lots of either on Craigslist as kids grow (way too) fast.

Both bike extremely easy and predictable to ride.

I'm looking for a used bike, any years that are better or worse?

What was it about the TTR that made you like it better?

Appreciate your help,

The TTR was for my son. It wasn't the E start model....Ergonomically it was a better bike, and for a 125 it has power. Way more than an XR. My son started with an XR 100 and quickly outgrew it and hence the TTR.

CRF150F? Plenty of power when she gets a bit more confident but not agressive at all. Im 15 and im only just putting it up for sale.

xr 100 or any of the major 125 4 strokes. i personally like the suzuki because its just a good all around bike. the drz125 doesnt have the most power of any of the others, but is still competitive, has decent suspension like the others, and has similar braking.so simply, it doesnt kick ass in just one thing. it does everything fine without getting out of control

all of the big four trail bikes are pretty weak on power & suspension & brakes, some even have drum rear still, especially compared to the yz85

I would make sure she has a voice in which one she likes the best, that goes a long way to getting a kid to ride