Sign in to follow this  

Rmx cdi

Well it looks like the cdi is shagged not been able to check it because the wiring code is different in the book compared to my cdi, i don't suppose someone might be able to help me with figure out which on mine are same as yours enclose pics if they upload thanks..

17122009240.jpg

17122009241.jpg

Perhaps this will help. For those wires that look different, use the connector to determine which is which.

rmxwiring.jpg

Thanks for that, was advised to check the stator/magneto by a local bike shop got some weird values from it so posting off to get a second opinion, but have a look at this don't look like all the aus/usa models stator.

18122009243.jpg

Thanks for that, was advised to check the stator/magneto by a local bike shop got some weird values from it so posting off to get a second opinion, but have a look at this don't look like all the aus/usa models stator.

18122009243.jpg

Yeah mate thats the same Aussie stator and it looks to be in good nick, not that that necessarily means much. From memory you should get 7-8 ohms between any 2 of the leads.

Yeah mate thats the same Aussie stator and it looks to be in good nick, not that that necessarily means much. From memory you should get 7-8 ohms between any 2 of the leads.

I am very suprised it's the same all the one's i have seen have a ignition coil and a charging coil for lights, there is some rubbing marks in 4 places only values i have for the stator are for the twin coil units.

Its definitely the stator for the 98+ mod. in Aus. They are a three phase stator which is then rectified/regulated to go to the coil and lights.

I'm pretty much positive its 7-8 ohms between any two leads. The leads you want are the yellow ones.

Thanks again mickv would be interested in getting a manual for the 98 model, just to put things into perspective this is off a Jap only model of 1993 era, and yes it has full lights that actually work and signals.

Hi Alan,

Hey your stator looks completely different to mine - same bike and all. Sorry to read that your cdi has bitten the dust. OEM cycles is a good source or try Bix Weir at dirtmx@charter.net. Nice guy and has a lot of bits.

David

Hi David long time no see, tell me about it was doing a PWK conversion just

about had it runing ok then it stopped, going to build it up again and try it

again, yea your stator has 3 coils i think ?, mine is the S version which is a

little more road friendly, hope the S is not for "SOFT", spoke to bike sparky

yesterday and was advised that cdi and the 18 coil stator are bulit proof

unless damage from foriegn body, so rectifier, coil, wiring, looking for devine

intervention and the MRS is well pissed off i keep asking her if it's this or

that, so how's you project going have ya given up yet hope not

Alan..

Hi David long time no see, tell me about it was doing a PWK conversion just

about had it runing ok then it stopped, going to build it up again and try it

again, yea your stator has 3 coils i think ?, mine is the S version which is a

little more road friendly, hope the S is not for "SOFT", spoke to bike sparky

yesterday and was advised that cdi and the 18 coil stator are bulit proof

unless damage from foriegn body, so rectifier, coil, wiring, looking for devine

intervention and the MRS is well pissed off i keep asking her if it's this or

that, so how's you project going have ya given up yet hope not

Alan..

Alan,

Yes it has been a while I know ..... time is fo the essence and there never seems to be enough but alas I never give up - the project is finally nearing completion. Finally got a rotor and have just done the steering head bearings, swingarm, wheel bearings. New top end, pistons, ring, hone, new wiring, new clutch, re furbished radiators and all seals, new fuel tank (welded) and overhauled the carb. Waiting on rear engine mount to cylinder head. Should have running once I get new carb gaskets - by the weekend. Has been a BIG job but satisfying so far and very frustrating to boot. Yep - the wife is also a little unghappy with the amount of time lurking in the garage - oh well! I will post photos when it is all back together with its new graphics - thank you for helping out with those! Looks cool. Seems odd looking at it now from what is was to what it is now .... weird huh!

Hope you and all other posters and readers have a a safe and Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!!!

Regards to all significant others (read wives/girlfriends et al)

David

Looks like you been very busy, can't wait for pics. i have come to the conclusion that it's got to be the CDI but like you said everyone in the know all keep saying cdi's are bulitproof unless electrical overload from somewhere else like welding etc.

Plot get thicker as auto electrition could not work out how it started before, then we found this(pic enclosed) think i am right saying it's a capacitor which holds enough power to boost spark when engine cranks as the stator does not provide enough under kicking up, don't think your's will have this as you have seperate ignition coil on stator.

Speaking with Willy from http://www.hpi.be/index.htm he can supply me with a replacement cdi or repair my original just waiting to hear from my last mail, it's a shame my job limits my riding big time and had promised my 15yr old son we would get out over Christmas he has 125SX KTM, just ride local woods good honest fun.

Same here Merry Christmas and have a very Happy New Year wife's just gone out to scrape ice off the car HaHa..

Alan22122009245.jpg

Will this help you any? Sorry about the file i sent ya, i'm trying to find another.

This is defintiely a 98 rmx wiring diagram as it checks out with mine(and the stator shows as a 3 ph)

RMXWiringDiagram_edited.jpg

Hmm didnt come out as big as i thought it would, but if you save it to your picture album it should be able to be seen better through it.

No worries Mick it is the same ya cant believe how much wiring there actually is, spoke to HPI in belgium they can do me a new CDI, aftermarket built from scratch, (cause they don't do one) for 175 Euro. But i also found a breakers in Japan that has loads £67.00 but then postage and these are original second hand unit's.