Sign in to follow this  

Does the EVS Neck brace work well for the money?

I've been lurking and searching for quite a while on here. And it's come time for me to get a neck brace of some kind. I'd like the new alpinestars sb, but i can't find a better deal than $289. The evs one however, i found it here:

http://www.ride1.net/advanced_search_result.php?keywords=evs+neck&osCsid=44976fb09acd7c8c82fe9cbf81a60286

on this site for $99 dollars. Did they change the design and these are the old ones? or maybe they are just looking to get rid of some. So I know this has been asked before, but I'm looking to see if i should settle for the evs (for the money) or keep saving for the new alpinestars?

I was looking at the same neck brace at my local shop also. I tried it on and hated the way it fit, it wouldnt fit down on my shoulders very good. If i were you Id save up for a Leatt brace. I would also like to try the new 661 Droid neck brace with built in chest protector.

I love my EVS brace. 99 bucks is a steal! Prob just getting rid of inventory.. Alot of opinions on this subject, but I think it's a great product and for 99 bucks you can't beat it!

i like my EVS, they are comfortable and easy to use, 99.00 is a good deal, paid 150.00 for mine, at whatever price, its cheap neck insurance.

+1 on the EVS...It's simple, easy to get on and off, not a bunch of screws or spacers to rattle loose or fall out and it does what it's supposed to. Feels like it's really gonna be wierd when you first try one on... but as soon as you get on your bike and go... you forget it's even there. My father in-law is a Dr. so I was asking him about neck braces and we searched a bunch of medical studies and found ZERO information in relation to this area of sports medicine. With that being said a lot of people will tell you that they are all experts and you have to spend $600 to "Protect-ya-neck" but the way I look at it... none of it has really been proven. Until there is real medical proof that one works better than any other I'll spend that extra $500 on something else.

That's insane. I have one that I'm trying to sell. It was used for a few minutes but it's the wrong size so it's pretty much brand new.

I use one of the EVS neck brace..works great....took a little bit to get use to....but I have hit the ground hard a few times and have to say....it helped alot....

I love mine. I haven't had the chance to really test it yet but after a few minutes you don't even know it is there. The only part I do not like is that when I'm trail riding with my kids I do a lot of turning my head to see where they are at and the brace limits head movement so i have to twist more at the waist. Basically, it is doing what it is meant to do.

a friend of mine broke his back and the doctor said he would have died had he not been wearing his evs brace

I just bought that brace for $99, free shipping and it was at my door in 3 days. Its a great deal, now I have an extra $50 to use for a new chest protector:thumbsup:

I was going to buy one anyway, I am a huge fan of saving money.

I got one when they first came out and 2 of my friend bought them after me. I still wear mine and love it with my Thor Sentinal CP. Fits like a glove inside. One of my friends hated how much it rubs. So he bought the Adventure and he likes it but it just feels weird to me. Just remember to clean the neck roll alot! I usually just throw it in the wash for 5-10 mins and then let it air dry or put it in the dryer for i little bit. If you ride open desert alot that also seems to help it rub. I also think i need a size bigger for it not to rub as much. But i love it to deth and always wear it, no matter what. Make sure you try one on to get proper sizing! And with CP too if your going to wear one.

these work well with chest protectors? Or do they attach to them?

these work well with chest protectors? Or do they attach to them?

Mine just fits into my chest protector. Sort of looks like an NFL lineman.:moon:

I like mine in general, only have two complaints.

First is that for guys with wide shoulders it doesn't like to sit perfectly. The XL version is the largest that you can purchase (at least when I bought mine) and it is only for 180lbs+. When I have my camelbak on with the shoulder straps tightened down, it fits just fine.

If you like to look behind you often the EVS is pretty restricting. Your going to need to do all the turning with your body and at high speeds I personally can't do it.

Other than that, it definitely makes me feel more safe on the dirt (after crashing hard a few times with the brace on) and has held up just fine.