Sign in to follow this  

Carb question

2002 400e and I know I need to jet this thing, really bad bog off line. I have a FMF pipe on it, and it makes enough power for me. I saw the thread on the FCR 39 carb and can't spend 500-600 bucks on a carb. Just wondered if there is a jet kit I can get to fix this thing and where's the best place to get it. I live at about 5300 ft, and ride it up to 9800 ft so I need a to make some sort of change. I think it is lean with the pipe and the spark plug looks like it too. Just wondered what you guys thought. Thanks!

You can get a jet kit from JD (James Dean) for the stock E carb just make sure its the FCR one. Also you should look for the taffy mod. The AP on the FCR needs to be limited in a lot of cases to a duration of 1 to 1.5 seconds.

Check the FAQ at the top of the page I think something about the taffy mod is up there.

Just went and checked my carb, it is the Keihin FCR39 (I think the Mikuni is for the california model). I will definately check the accelerator pump like you said. Is this carb good enough as is, or should I just re-jet it for my high altitude? I do appreciate your help on this.

you gotta tell us what you already have.....what mods, jets, type of riding:bonk: did you do te 3x3 yet? What FMF pipe? Is there a quiet insert? Full system or slip on? When you pull the carb to check what jets are in there, pull the needle and tell us what needle it is as well as where the clip is set right now. You should not need a jet kit, just different jets and possibly a new needle.

2002 400e and I know I need to jet this thing, really bad bog off line. I have a FMF pipe on it, and it makes enough power for me. I saw the thread on the FCR 39 carb and can't spend 500-600 bucks on a carb. Just wondered if there is a jet kit I can get to fix this thing and where's the best place to get it. I live at about 5300 ft, and ride it up to 9800 ft so I need a to make some sort of change. I think it is lean with the pipe and the spark plug looks like it too. Just wondered what you guys thought. Thanks!

Flubbyhog , your bike has this carby already , so dont buy another . All you will need is the james dean jet kit and you will be " on your bike squire " as they say . The kit comes with a choice of needles for elevation , just what you need , greg