Sign in to follow this  

DR.D vs. FMF exhaust for 08

Hey does anyone Know how the FMF exhaust compairs to the DR.D. I have the DR.D with the mod box and it runs clean, but I would like more on top. This is for a 08. Thanks.

The hard part about the 08' RMZ is you can gain some over rev compared to stock but it is not pure HP REV out. It basically will not feel as if it fell flat on it's face. **Webcams does make a cam that gives more HP on top but you still run into the rev limiter FAST.

I have the Yosh-RS2 system on mine and the I even got Yosh to map the ECM for me to adjust the timing and fuel to help it more on top. DID a fantastic job but it still ends at the limiter.

I came from a 2 stroke so it is taking me time to get used to not rev'ing it all the time. Getting better at it though. Lap times show I am faster on the RMZ if I just lug it a little bit, I think it is a feeling of less effort the makes me think I am not going as fast. 4 strokes are fast and easier then the 2 strokes to ride longer if done right.

Edit: Sorry never really answered the question, any system you look at is not going to help the RMZ gain a ton of top end, it is motor that is limited for this. The Yosh is the best I have seen though for adding top end power.

Edited by Bkew

The hard part about the 08' RMZ is you can gain some over rev compared to stock but it is not pure HP REV out. It basically will not feel as if it fell flat on it's face. **Webcams does make a cam that gives more HP on top but you still run into the rev limiter FAST.

I have the Yosh-RS2 system on mine and the I even got Yosh to map the ECM for me to adjust the timing and fuel to help it more on top. DID a fantastic job but it still ends at the limiter.

I came from a 2 stroke so it is taking me time to get used to not rev'ing it all the time. Getting better at it though. Lap times show I am faster on the RMZ if I just lug it a little bit, I think it is a feeling of less effort the makes me think I am not going as fast. 4 strokes are fast and easier then the 2 strokes to ride longer if done right.

Edit: Sorry never really answered the question, any system you look at it not going to help the RMZ gain a ton of top end, it is motor that is limited for this. The Yosh is the best I have seen though for adding top end power.

thanks. :moon:

I thought that i read somewhere in the intake and jetting thread, Eddie had the power comander for those bikes and it remapped the entire power curve and bumped the rev limiter way up.

maby its only for the 09 bikes but i would hit up the intake thread on the main page and ask eddie. there has got to be something you can do.

Eddie has a GREAT map designed for the PC3 to add to the bike that allows it to pull hard and longer on top BUT it does not change the REV LIMITER.

I had my ECM mapped by Yoshimura and they even said without going into the engine the motor would suffer mech damage stock with a rev limiter change.

But the YOSH system and Eddies map does make a huge change.

Eddie has a GREAT map designed for the PC3 to add to the bike that allows it to pull hard and longer on top BUT it does not change the REV LIMITER.

I had my ECM mapped by Yoshimura and they even said without going into the engine the motor would suffer mech damage stock with a rev limiter change.

But the YOSH system and Eddies map does make a huge change.

Bkew, how much did Yoshimura charge you to map your ECM? I'm going to order an exhaust system from them soon and was planning on also asking them about remapping my ECM.

Thor,

I got lucky is the honest answer. Yoshimura had a bike in the shop only a few days so they could hook everything up correctly and I had to pay for all the shipping. *Overnight was $45 because of the short time they could do it.

Yoshimura has a great product and excellent customer service and I am very very happy with the mapping...BUT

I have ridden an RMZ with Eddies PC3 map and they are so close it is hard to tell much difference at all. The ECM mapping is just a tiny (I mean tiny) bit better on top as they change the timing (spark) to meet/help with more fueling needs.

Problem, any changes I make to the bike now is going to be hard to change were with a PC3 you can just have it done on a dyno. No local shops change ECM's so I am somewhat stuck now.

Again I am very Happy, but know I am stuck. When I do a top end job and IF I decide to port the bike... I will have to figure out how to get it right, with a PC3 it would be easier.

Power Commander needs to change it to add timing adjustment..! I know they can as all my race bikes (street) with PC's can adjust timing..!

Check the vortex/tokyo mod ecu as some raise the rev limiter. Should work well with a webcams cam and other mods I would think.