Sign in to follow this  

Shinkodrz Tiresfor SM

Guys i need some new tires for my DRZ 400 SM

Anyone have tried these?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Shinko-006-Motorcycle-Tire-SET-120-70-17-150-60-17_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem5638049823QQitemZ370307012643QQptZMotorcyclesQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

They look like a steal for that price and i´ve read some good comments on the web...

Any thoughts?

Thx :moon:

Get some michelin pilot powers and enjoy some of the best street tires ever made for a few $'s more.

pilotpowers.jpg

Vespa's and bicycles are also great for saving money/trees.

wow. I guess a bus is out of the equation then.

Actually, for anyone interested in these. I bought the exact same set(front & rear) from motorcycle-superstore for $156.98 & free shipping, and they'll even ship to a local installer at no charge(you can even see what the installer prices are!). Can't comment on performance, haven't installed them yet...but the reviews are great. They look real nice too. From what I've read, I believe Shinko bought the Yokohama factory in Korea...should be similar in quality I'd think. Don't quote moe on that though.

Shinko's are good tyres, I was on the whole" I'm gunna save money trip" and went witht the shinko raven 009's. Love them. I currantly only have the rear but damn great tyre. 85 smacks from bike bandit. I now have just about 2k on them and have put them through all the paces. Rain dirt track commute, and I can't say anything bad. I'll post a link to my ride report.

http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=801689&highlight=

i have 005 advances(shinko) on my 1000 and i really like the tires so far, whne i get the supermoto wheels for my drz they'll probly be wearing shinkos as well

I have zero experience with Shinko's on an SM, but based on what I've seen/heard/read/talked to guys about them when it comes to sportbikes? If you are tooling around town and not pushing it hard, then the Shinko's are a good choice. But, if you can really ride, pushing the bike on a twisty road or esp on the track? Well...then you get exactly what you pay for.

I have zero experience with Shinko's on an SM, but based on what I've seen/heard/read/talked to guys about them when it comes to sportbikes? If you are tooling around town and not pushing it hard, then the Shinko's are a good choice. But, if you can really ride, pushing the bike on a twisty road or esp on the track? Well...then you get exactly what you pay for.

I beg to differ with the most respect. I can rail just as hard as the next road worrior and the shinko's might be cheap but damn do they grip hard. Not only do they grip like crazy but there duRabuility is awsome. If I had the money to take em to the track all the time I'd run them all day as a track tyre with no worries. But then again that's just my opinion

i would bag to differ w/ this statement as well, i can put my 1000 into a corner faster than my drz is even capable of! the 005 is pretty sticky and warmup is also a plus, and as far as wear it has easliy surpassed the pirelli diablo i had on it before. it wears nearly as long as a coniforce and i sstickier than the diablo and by the way IMO they are a good tire for the price. some DRAG guys dnt like the weight but its not the much even on a 200

i would bag to differ w/ this statement as well, i can put my 1000 into a corner faster than my drz is even capable of! the 005 is pretty sticky and warmup is also a plus, and as far as wear it has easliy surpassed the pirelli diablo i had on it before. it wears nearly as long as a coniforce and i sstickier than the diablo and by the way IMO they are a good tire for the price. some DRAG guys dnt like the weight but its not the much even on a 200

No, that's cool, as I said I have no experience with the Shinko's and I'm only going by what other fast track guys have told me about them lacking edge grip and feel at the limit. As I've been finding out about edge grip and feel at the limit on my own track bikes, I've preferred to run with more acclaimed tires that trade grip/feel for longevity.

If they work for you, then go for it :moon:

O yes for racing on a track I would not bother with cheep ass tires

but I ware out the center of the rear tire wile "trying to obay the speed laws" going to work riding

...but I ware out the center of the rear tire wile "trying to obay the speed laws" going to work riding

True.....we've all been there! :moon:

Oddly, the center of my front tire seems to last alot longer on my DRZ. :cheers: