Sign in to follow this  

Husqvarna: 50 years of world victories Moto.it

Husqvarna: 50 years of world victories

In 1959 Rolf Tibblin won the first world title for Husqvarna in the 250 Motocross class. Today, Husqvarna is renowned for its incredible honors and world titles

50husqvarna.jpg

A series of successes in the three major offroad disciplines, from Motocross, To switch to 'Enduro and the latest Supermotard. On that latter category, Husqvarna has been able to celebrate - for the third consecutive time - winning the world title, thanks to Adrien Chareyre - Winner Class S2 - And the two motorcycles supersportivSM and SM 450RR and 530RR have brought home the constructors' titles S1 and S2.

For 2010, Husqvarna has confirmed the world champion S2 in office who will be joined by Finnish Mauno Hermunen. Title missed, but not for long, for Antoine Meo in the E1 class in the world Enduro 2009. Antoine has shown this year that I was now a driver enduro track, after a year's mess last season, and will surely be the pilot of reference in world enduro 2010, which will run again on TE 250. Next to him there will Matti Seistola, A former Finnish cross rider and WEC Rookie of the Year 2009, which falls from TE 450 and salt on TE 250. Matti will be the shoulder of his friend and together they will Meo wall to opponents of the other teams, so how will the new pair Sb Guillaume and Bartosz Oblucki, both committed in 2010 to WR 300 in the E3 class. As for Seb, finished third in the World Enduro, priority will be to win the world title, sfuggitogli briefly, Bart will be fighting in the class of BIG that fit the new bike after a year-on WR 250.

Do not forget the wonderful performance of the French pilot Romain Dumontier, Arrived first in the standings Youth Cup on WR 125, and Jonathan Manzi that although the world has particularly excelled in the Italian league has won the first place finish in the 125 Junior. In the European championship, again Dumontier won the Junior class E1, while the French team Metge Armee de Terre stood on the podium of E2 / 3. Leaving the enduro, motocross in this year Husqvarna took second place in the world MX3 with Alex Salvini, Pilot also confirmed for 2010, whose sole focus is to win the title. More recently, we saw the French Christophe Martin win the third place finish in European Championship Supercross Series on TC 450.

Husqvarna's commitment in 2010 will be even greater in motocross, with 2 pilots in the EMX2 European Championship Andrea Cervellin and Jernej IRT,and young Roberts justs in the European Championship 125. Do not forget the commitments of Husqvarna's Motorally, Which this year has been very successful with Andrea Mancini that not only has won the Italian title Motorally, but also European Championship absolute and the Italian championship Raid TT.

Moto.it 12/17/2009

Great information. I'm guessing you have probably considered this; but you might contemplate writing a historical book regarding Husky racing. I remember seeing Gunnar Lindstrom racing at Unidilla back in the late 60's along with Torsten Hallman, which brings back some great memories. With your knowledge of Husqvarna, it might be pretty cool, although a big undertaking. Anyway....food for thought.

That was off of the Husqvarna Italian website and I used the Google translation tool.

Yes, I wish someone would take that on and tie all the history together.

BlipBlip/HuskyRips