Sign in to follow this  

California need some help

well my buddy and i have finally decided its time to move and we have decided to move to cali.... ive never been to cali what im wondering is were is a good place to live at thats some what cheap???? we were looking at menifee, corona and riverside.. they are all within are limit of 1200 a month... any suggestions will be greatly appreciated... thanks in advance everyone!

steve

all depends on what kind of place you are looking for.

riverside/san fernando/ palmdale/ the cheapest in the area you're looking at. not sure about down south, but it seems the more north you go the more expensive it gets, something about scenery? i dunno.

Well the question is what kind of work are you looking for? And what do you want to be close to, beaches, mountains, desert? You have alot of choices. Work and commute is the key.

If you want to live close to riding areas, check Victor Valley, Barstow, Lucerne, Cal City, Ridgecrest

I've lived in Riverside my whole 24 year life. I wouldn't trade it for anywhere... -BIG DAN:thumbsup:

Well the question is what kind of work are you looking for? And what do you want to be close to, beaches, mountains, desert? You have alot of choices. Work and commute is the key.

well i use to do fabrication and welding but was recently laidoff and i see this as a opportunity to do something better with my life and get away from things.. right now im working out of a high performance shop building one off complete turbo kits for guys that grudge race / street race in chicago... so pretty much any type of custom welding is what im really good at.. but ill do anything besides being a male hooker

i really just want to be close to the tracks... everything else is cool in all but im moving out there to start racing again and to find a job.... at this point ill do anything right now to move out of illinois... my body hates the cold weather every joint kills when it gets cold

Best place in California is Nevada! No income tax, ride 365 days a year within a few miles of Reno/Carson.

CRF250Rguy ! If you think you can move out to Cali and think it is ALL THAT, than you will be wrong. It is what it is though, and its better than anyplace on earth. Of course the world revolves around the So-Cal area and that is why all of the best companies are here. If your a welder there will be work but the competition is like no other place on earth. There will be a million guys here with your type of stuff. I would say that the IE (inland empire) the 909 (area code for the IE) will be the place for you. the tracks like Milestone and of course Glen Helen will be within your reach. You will find more tracks in the area, the high desert, the snow and the beach all right here. Sorry Nevada can't say that. So pack your bags and come out and hustle for a job. Everyone should do it once in thier lifetime. I was born and raised here. And will probobly never live anywhere else. I surf in the summer. Ride the best mountains in the spring. And hit the snow in the winter. We have it all !!!! Come ride ! Have fun!! Good Luck, and talk to the guys at FMF.

• Like 1

To the Op.There is no work here and like said if there is a job opening there's a million apps for it.The state is broke and taxes are high let alone vehicle registration.Like countdown said,I'd stop short of Ca.Outside of all the tracks here I'd think of some where else. By the way your only 22 yrs old and cold weather hurts your joints?You must be tore back.lol

Jobs are almost non-existent. It will be tough, it can be done. If I didn’t have a career job and a few more kids to turn 18 I would leave this State quick. I have lived here all my life with the exception of a year here and there when I was under 25 and it has gone to the foreigners. I have 7 more years and I will sell the house pack the wife into a MH and go on State tour with my bikes. If you get all the way here, I wish you the best of luck.

CRF250Rguy ! If you think you can move out to Cali and think it is ALL THAT, than you will be wrong. It is what it is though, and its better than anyplace on earth. Of course the world revolves around the So-Cal area and that is why all of the best companies are here. If your a welder there will be work but the competition is like no other place on earth. There will be a million guys here with your type of stuff. I would say that the IE (inland empire) the 909 (area code for the IE) will be the place for you. the tracks like Milestone and of course Glen Helen will be within your reach. You will find more tracks in the area, the high desert, the snow and the beach all right here. Sorry Nevada can't say that. So pack your bags and come out and hustle for a job. Everyone should do it once in thier lifetime. I was born and raised here. And will probobly never live anywhere else. I surf in the summer. Ride the best mountains in the spring. And hit the snow in the winter. We have it all !!!! Come ride ! Have fun!! Good Luck, and talk to the guys at FMF.

Just to clear things up a little...the 909 area code is for the upper portion of the Inland Empire (IE), Riverside and farther south to San Diego County is (951)...Menifee, Temecula, Lake Elsinore, Murrietta is in that area...for $1200/mo I'd stay closer to Riverside and as one mentioned, all depends on what you want for your money. Riverside will put you in the middle (30 min) of the tracks in Elsinore and Glen Helen...There are several places in Corona that may interest you regarding work...Gibson Exhaust, Jardine Headers, Pro Circuit, Troy Lee Design, Kartek just to name a few...

Good luck

Gone to the foreigners for sure. First the Italians and Spanish in 1492, then the British, French, Polish, German, Russian, Chinese etc... When will it stop, soon I think. California is broke and the drug dealers from Mexico will soon buy it and turn it into a resort so they can go legit.

SoCal pretty much sucks. I am not sure why anyone would want to live there. I lived there for 22 years and will never live there again.

To the Op.There is no work here and like said if there is a job opening there's a million apps for it.The state is broke and taxes are high let alone vehicle registration.Like countdown said,I'd stop short of Ca.Outside of all the tracks here I'd think of some where else. By the way your only 22 yrs old and cold weather hurts your joints?You must be tore back.lol

yeah im tore up from racing.... i have broke both collar bones twice dislocated my shoulders broke my left knee shattered my left ankle (which i still have 2 plates and 14 screws holding it together) broke some ribs shattered my right wrist and have had a few concussions im screwed for the rest of my life...

Seems pretty mixed. Riverside CITY is a beautiful haven from all the brown garbage around it. San bernardino, lake elsinore, corona, mo val, all are just ugly to look at with no trees and a bunch of track homes. Complete garbage.

Riverside is beautiful, from an aeriel view, there are so many trees you cant see the neighboorhoods. BEAUTIFUL compared to the 30 miles radius around it.

As far as the job market goes, if you lose a job to a foreniger then you didn't have any skills in the first place.

The job market is competitive but if you acctually are the right person for the job you'll get it. Period. Don't let some of these unemployed, bitter, basically rednecks, fool you. Riverside is "High society" and only some of us deserve it, and only some of us can handle wearing a tie now and then.

If your skills are tops, there are lots of positions open to you. And riverside offers MANY oppertunities for growth.

Go where it's green. Otherwise Cali can be a disappointment. -BIG DAN:thumbsup:

If you are unemployed already what do you really have to lose by coming out and trying to find work here? Nothing. I say give it a shot. Lots of people come here for the weather. Our best products are good weather and freedom. California is a such a large state that it's hard to suggest where you should live, but I like Northern California and Southern California. Riverside is a nice desert area. There's lots of nice areas around Bakersfield and Palm Springs too. Joshua Tree is nice. You can find work. Only problem is the cost of housing in the more temperate areas is extremely high. Hey if you don't like it, go back home. The West is so much better than back East or Midwest to my way of thinking. Just be ready to have to prove yourself. And try to get a job in oil.

• Like 1

If you are unemployed already what do you really have to lose by coming out and trying to find work here? Nothing. I say give it a shot. Lots of people come here for the weather. Our best products are good weather and freedom. California is a such a large state that it's hard to suggest where you should live, but I like Northern California and Southern California. Riverside is a nice desert area. There's lots of nice areas around Bakersfield and Palm Springs too. Joshua Tree is nice. You can find work. Only problem is the cost of housing in the more temperate areas is extremely high. Hey if you don't like it, go back home. The West is so much better than back East or Midwest to my way of thinking. Just be ready to have to prove yourself. And try to get a job in oil.

like u said im already unemployed so i have nothing to lose .... if i find a decent job out there to get me started thats awesome... if i dont ill keep looking till i do find something and go from there.. until then im gunna be stuck here in Chicago watching the snow fly and try to hit some indoor tracks and train all winter.. but i will be out there during spring break which is when my buddy can go cuz this is his last semester of school.. if not ill be stuck in illinois until i do find a job ...

thanks for all the advice guys i really appreciate it...

steve

Seems pretty mixed. Riverside CITY is a beautiful haven from all the brown garbage around it. San bernardino, lake elsinore, corona, mo val, all are just ugly to look at with no trees and a bunch of track homes. Complete garbage.

Riverside is beautiful, from an aeriel view, there are so many trees you cant see the neighboorhoods. BEAUTIFUL compared to the 30 miles radius around it.

As far as the job market goes, if you lose a job to a foreniger then you didn't have any skills in the first place.

The job market is competitive but if you acctually are the right person for the job you'll get it. Period. Don't let some of these unemployed, bitter, basically rednecks, fool you. Riverside is "High society" and only some of us deserve it, and only some of us can handle wearing a tie now and then.

If your skills are tops, there are lots of positions open to you. And riverside offers MANY oppertunities for growth.

this place doesnt look to bad...

http://www.move.com/apartmentsforrent-detail/3850-skofstad-st_riverside_ca_92505_C365498

Edited by crf250rguy

OH MAN, downtown is beautiful. Walking distance from anything you could need and 5 MINUTES from MILESTONE!!!! I lived in that very neighboorhood for 12 years. The "wood streets" they call it. Absolutley worth every penny. Especially if you can get in under 1000. The quality of living is superb. Never get hit up for change again bro! Hit me up anytime PM style about the RIV. We can go ride daily. DAILY. -BIG DAN:thumbsup:

Who you calling a unemployed redneck? Friggin flatbiller!lol