Sign in to follow this  

Maryland Boyer Farm "Hangover" Harescramble!!!!!!!!!!

I don't know where you are coming from but Boyer Farm is about 2 1/2 - 3 hours from the Baltimore area. If you have never been there before its an awesome place for a harescramble you really should check it out.

:ride:Ill be there. Hopefully do better than i did last year..DNF:bonk:. YEah its about 3 hours from northern Anne Arundel county. I70 to I81 to 50 west.

Kashlak, do you live in AA county ?? , I go a slightly different way, through harpers ferry, out to charles town then rt 51 to 81 then to 522 then 127. you may want to try it.

Im on the Baltimore and A.A. County line...Arbutus area. Ive taken a different rt before. I70 to Rt15 and then through Charlestown also...dont remember all the Rt numbers. Everytime i go that way I get stuck behind Sunday drivers doin 25 mph the whole way.

yeah it happens sometime, or the idiots on I70, who seem to turn down I270

I take:

70W -

81 S -

522W -

left on 127

left on 29

right on Springfield-milleson MI (Slanesville Post Office)

left on JR Rannells Rd.

Boyer Farm will be on your left.

This way for me is usually quicker and no steep inclines, traveling 70+ on the interstates and no Sunday drivers on the back roads. There is a very sharp right hand turn on JR Rannells rd, OK if you are pulling under 20' trailer. If not go another half mile+/- on Springfield-Milleson MI and make a left on to Jersey Mountain Rd. for about 10 min. and make a left on to JR Rannells Rd., Boyer Farm entrance will be on our right.

Yes , you are absolutely right , there is a very steep turn on JR Rannells rd. I would not take a mobile home or truck with long trailer.

Good point, I missed that.

like the others have said avoid rt50 if you can it will save you at least a half hour

this place is alot of fun and offers pretty much everything,a few rocky sections ,roots, steep inclines, a decent size grass track, a few small creek crossings, a good bit of tight sections on top of the mountain.

here is a helmet cam video from a race that was held there earlier this year. its pretty long but it does show about 70% of 1 lap

http://www.vimeo.com/8372525

I wonder what the course will be like after the ATV's run on it Saturday. It is going to be a race to remember.

talked to ken yesterday and he said that the quads and bikes will not share all of the same course--sounds good to me