Sign in to follow this  

SouthCarolina WR 300 anyone

Is anyone in here riding a Husky WR 300? I've some questions...

Can you believe I'm even consider ditching my trusty ol' XR? :moon: I really don't think it'll happen though, 'cuz I'd need to get too much for my XR. Doesn't hurt to check though does it?

You been talking to Gerald and Mike haven't you. That store's window is a dangerous thing. I had never seen a Husqvarna supermoto

before that fateful day I drove by and the next thing you know I'm taking my credit cards balance to new unheard of, lofty heights...wait a minute, you were there. Doh :cheers:

Huskie's are awesome machines...do it man. :moon:

Ive never ridden a Husky but I was down there buying tires today and Mike told me the 09 250 he has there is only $4600 souunds like a sweet deal to me...

Do it ol' buddy.:moon:

I have been looking for a good deal on a Husky 610 or KTM 690 myself....:smirk::ride:

Hey Daniel, you tried the classified section over at SMJ? Lots of tards over there for sale. :cheers:

they had a wr 300 at upstate cycle the last time I was there, I drooled over it. I hear nothing but great things about 300's WR or ktm. The only downside I see to the WR would be aftermarket support if that is a concern to you.

they had a wr 300 at upstate cycle the last time I was there, I drooled over it. I hear nothing but great things about 300's WR or ktm. The only downside I see to the WR would be aftermarket support if that is a concern to you.

the internet is a wonderful thing. There are plenty of aftermarket companies that make things for Huskys :moon: I want to own one of their big 4 strokes some day soon !

Not sure why you wouldn't go orange over red and white? Much higher quality and has a button.

Nothing broke, nothing really even wrong with it...I'm just snowed in and bored. :cheers:

Story here...http://www.supermotojunkie.com/showthread.php?t=93147

You have a real problem. I am thinking about starting to get a bunch of your friends together to do an intervention. We love you graygoose. We can get thru this together. They have programs for people like you.:moon:

Stop fixing shit that aint broken.

Must be Sudden Onset Cabin Fever.:moon:

No actually something tells me this affliction probably started when you

were quite young.

The good news is if you aren't cured soon, you'll be a full fledged multibrand

factory mechanic.

I understand, but one question: what ARE you "fixin"/modifying on it?

I understand, but one question: what ARE you "fixin"/modifying on it?

Sup TT, how ya been buddie?

The '06 610's came with super stretchy cam chains, some owners were swaping 'em out at 5K miles. Mine was actually still ok at 10K but I figured why not do the work this winter. Then once I got the valve cover off and wanted to find an aftermarket hotter cam (found out none are available), I decided to try and gain HP anyway I could. A buddie suggested porting/polishing the head along with new valves and seats custom cut in. Then I figured, if I'm this far in why not throw in a new piston just so the next 10K miles are worry-free. See the story and pics in the above linked thread.

Sorry 'bout the thread jack there Ryan, back to you my friend.

Doing good man.

HaHa, yeah when I saw you had the head of it, I started to write earlier:

PORT that baby!! I should of known u'd already b all over that.

Ryan, me too sorry about the thread heist. I like Husky's and that they're still

making our beloved 2 strokes, but I had read that test also and if u notice

my avatar I guess u know what I'd urge u to buy.

It WAS great to see Kearney riding one this year though. Hope they keep

making and updating 'em.

Well let's go finish diggin' out.

I found this article interesting. It sounds like a very fast bike that is not as refined as the KTM300, its only real competition

http://www.dirtrider.com/reviews/dirt_bike/141_0909_first_test_2009_husqvarna_wr300/index.html

Thanks for the article whipit1k. And returning my thread Goosedog :cheers: lol.

Sounds like the bike might be perfect for me, in all honesty. Why not KTM? $$$. Got my eye on a used one, already set-up with digital ignition and proper jetting, along with a flywheel weight and bark busters. Only ridden a couple times too... I got a friend that can help out with the forks :moon:

I just dunno about having to kick a bike over in this day & age... I already have to do that with the XR. I do have it listed on ebay now though.

Well, I'm pulling the trigger. :moon: I won't pick it up until tonight or tom., but as of this afternoon I'll own the bike Glenn Kearney raced @ Yadkinville. Only time he rode it, other than break-in. Stock & race plastics. Leavng all the Pro-Circuit goodies on it too, including the head! Just couldn't let this one go. :cheers::smirk: :smirk:

I really gotta get rid of the old XR now!!!🤣

Congrats Ryan. :moon:👍

You should love it. It will be quite the different animal than the ol' XR though.:cheers::worthy:

Merry Christmas from my family to yours.