Sign in to follow this  

Short XR650 video. Southern California desert.

Had a super fun ride yesterday out of Cal City. I did all the smooth, fast stuff that I usually do. Blackrock Canyon, out toward Hinkley etc.

They must have gotten some rain because the soil was nice.

Untitled00117-28.jpg

This is a 2.5 minute video I shot with my Flip. Hope you enjoy it.

Out on the lake bed.

Video1300125-07.jpg

Heading home.

Video1200039-07.jpg

They must have gotten some rain because the soil was nice.

The whole Mojave desert got rain last weekend. I was out by Trona and Ballarat and it rained sporadically through Friday until late Saturday night. There was even some dense fog out by Spangler on the way out there.

I must say, that Flip camera took some decent video. I'm always looking for ultralight cameras/recorders to take backpacking and I might have to look into that one.

Outstanding!!!!!! I see the "Desert Hooter's Girl" showed up with a coldie as well!!!

TTers rock:ride::cheers::ride:

thanks,,,now I'll shovel more snow off my driveway :moon:

Headtrama. I know very little about camera's but have been pretty pleased with the flip. It' super shaky if don't use a tripod etc,. but it fits in your pocket which makes it very nice.

I've got one of those old, plastic REI tripods that also fits in my pocket. It's about 4inches tall and super light.

+1 to the music. I really like the fact that you made a decent video by yourself using a tripod. I did one as well, but it's been a year and a new one is long overdue.

Good job! :moon:

nice video quality but i can't believe how u abuse that poor little weiner dog... :smirk:

...i'm report'n u to PETA :cheers:

:smirk:

P.S. i "inherited" a dachshund many years ago...great little dogs :moon:

hahaha! You like that weiner dog video! Check out the other one "Christmas Toys", he was pissed after I put him through that!

And yes, that XR starts easy. Once you get the drill, you can start them with flip flops(not that I'd recommend it).