Sign in to follow this  

ocelot series 2 boots

YES I am aware that this may be in the wrong section but I'm a kawa 2 stroker needing some quick and reliable advice. I have located a pair of ocelot series 2 boots that look great and are $40.00. They appear to have very little ride time.

Good deal or not? Are ocelots a high end boot? I tried to google,yahoo and etc. ocelot and only found youth sized boots and some dirt rider mag write up on a package deal. I can't locate a dealer for ocelot. Ebay had none that I could find.

Any info will be appreciated.

thanks

I believe Ocelot is destributed exclusively by Chapparal Motorsports. Basically all they make is low priced, entry level gear. Nothing wrong with that at all. Not everyone can afford or needs Alpine Star Tech 10's or Gaerne SG-12's.

Try them on first! :smirk:

HEY HEY KDX G. 10-4 on that advice. That other deal that I asked you about and you then inquired and got back w/me has apparently fallen through. She won't call me back. I can't imagine why that would be. Sorry to have misled you.:moon::cheers:

I believe Ocelot is destributed exclusively by Chapparal Motorsports. Basically all they make is low priced, entry level gear. Nothing wrong with that at all. Not everyone can afford or needs Alpine Star Tech 10's or Gaerne SG-12's.

Thank you Wandell. I have searched high and low and chapparal is the only dealer that I could locate. They list only one type now and that is from a 2008 website.

I have exclusively bought and then worn out used boots,the last pair being alpinestars tech 5's. I assure you that I got my $50-60.00 out of them. In fact, the only thing wrong w/them now is the sole needing to be replaced on the right boot. Those were/are some primo boots and IF I could find some soles for them, they would get resoled. In the meantime,back to entry level boots that look practically new.

Thank you for the reply.

If all your old boots need are new soles you may want to check out this place

http://www.factoryresole.com/

Last year I was considering sending my Tech 8's there but ended up sending them back to Alpinestars instead. Might be worth a try especially since the boots you already have are better than most of the el-cheapo boots on the market.

If all your old boots need are new soles you may want to check out this place

http://www.factoryresole.com/

Last year I was considering sending my Tech 8's there but ended up sending them back to Alpinestars instead. Might be worth a try especially since the boots you already have are better than most of the el-cheapo boots on the market.

Thank you for the link. I wonder if Alpinestars would resole such an older pair? i ask because even at Dennis Kirk there is no soles listed for the Tech 5's so i am assuming that they are several years old. I guess i try to find the alpinestars web site.

much appreciated

They are distributed by Chapparal, but made by O"Neal. They are O'Neal's low-end boot with a different name on them. I had a pair of Ocelot boots (still have the jersey and pants) and hated them. Once the are broken in, they become very flimsy and un-supportive, especially in the ankle area. My Gaerne RX2s are so much better. I will never buy another pair of Ocelot boots.

Thank you for the link. I wonder if Alpinestars would resole such an older pair? i ask because even at Dennis Kirk there is no soles listed for the Tech 5's so i am assuming that they are several years old. I guess i try to find the alpinestars web site.

much appreciated

I don't think you will have a problem finding soles. Most boots have soles that are very similar. If you read up on the http://www.factoryresole.com/ website they actually use Sidi soles as the replacement because it is supposed to be a better sole than the original Alpinestar. I would seriously look into having your boots resoled as long as the rest of the boot is in good shape.