Sign in to follow this  

Headlamp Swap

Does any one know if I can put an 02 and newer headlamp cover on my 01 drz400s without switching the lamp and mount. Are the newer lamps a little smaller, up & down wise.

The shrouds are interchangeable on S ans SM. No change in lighting assemblies

E's have a different assembly.

The shrouds are interchangeable on S ans SM. No change in lighting assemblies

E's have a different assembly.

thats true but Ithink he is asking if the old stlye shrouds interchne w the newer style shrouds I dont know that...

even w the new style shrouds as Plane dr pointed out the e has a smaller headlight

thats true but Ithink he is asking if the old stlye shrouds interchne w the newer style shrouds I dont know that...

even w the new style shrouds as Plane dr pointed out the e has a smaller headlight

Yes you can, no problem. :moon:

O.K. thanks, on ron ayers microfiche it shows a different lamp set up but the covers mount the same. Looks like the light should be smaller but not as small as the E model but hard to be sure from a picture, and for $70 and a 25% restocking fee I would like to be sure.

Just hit a guys trailer @ 55mph that turned in front of me, and I'm getting more that bluebook plus injury payment. So while fixing I'm doing all th upgrades I've wanted to do also. Hell, maybe with injury payment I might have another bike in the garage:ride:. So thanks and if you have any cool upgrade ideas for me, post some pics:thumbsup:

Pete, my 2000 E model had an original old style shroud that I swapped for the newer style. The headlight swapped right in. Further, my 2000 E has a glass lens headlight, not the plastic lenses for most of the later models. I continue to use the original glass lens headlight in three different year shrouds. Perhaps that accounts for the part number difference? :moon:

Is your S model have a glass lens? If so the newer shrouds will work. THe TT store has OEM with no sticker for less than $60. I bought 2 blue ones there.

You can get the smaller one from Wheeling Cycle supply. I believe he is a little cheaper yet. You will want to stick with a glass lens as you can run up to a 55w bulb (or more) without melting the lens.