Sign in to follow this  

California Fun Dual Sport ride Sunday December 20th, 2009

Casual fun no pressure dual sport ride. Will cover street, fireroads and trails in Rowher, Drinkwater (if Bouquet connector open) and surrounding areas. Street legal with plate, full knobbies, and water required. Ultra Heavy Duty tubes recommended, this area is ROCKY.:cheers:

I'm an old guy on a DRZ. It'll get tight, steep and loose in spots, big BMW's, KLR's, V-stroms are not recommended for this ride, same with KTM 950's (unless you're Tony :moon:).

My rides usually don't involve a lot of stopping and yakking, but pace will be relaxed and easy. Hotshoes will be bored, absolute beginners will be in way over their heads. I won't make anyone ride over their abilities, and there are usually "easy" routes around what I see us riding Sunday. Weather and soil conditions should be very good.

Still with me? Good! I'll be at the Starbucks at the corner of Seco Canyon and Copperhill in Santa Clarita at 7:30 Sunday Morning. We ride at 8am.

Just a bump. So far I have three other riders tentatively scheduled for Sunday. :moon:

5 confirmed 1 tentative. This is going to be FUN.

You don't have to respond here just show up tomorrow at $tarbux. We ride out at 8.

OK now we have

DustyRock

+2 of his buddies confirmed

RiderX

+3 of his buds tentative

Falcon

Hochman tentative

1 TT'r tentative via PM

and yours truly

I'm turning in. If anyone else wants to come just be there and ready to hit it (um well ... roll out cautiously) at 8am

Thanks for playing Tour Guide today. :moon: Had a blast - Even through I was one of the two "Lost" riders. I knew we weren't lost, I just thought all the other guys were going slow!! :smirk:

The extra hour or so was fun. We got the clutch working (good thing given where we ended up) and rode till the bikes were out of gas.

Great day and nice to meet some new guys and I was quite impressed with the riding level of the entire group. I'm looking forward to riding wiht this group again.

P.S. Did anyone find Eric?? :cheers:

Hey Roger,

Had an outstanding time today. Your an excellent guide. Gotta say it again... everyones skills were spot on! :moon: Great group to ride with and look forward to more. :cheers:

"Ride~on!"

can't believe i missed this!

good thing i couldn't have gone anyways

im in no condition to ride and neither is my bike :moon:

but just like cleonard, sign me up for the next one!

that's it.. I need to buy a dual sport. seems like you guys are having all the fun.

:cheers: Have Plate will Travel :moon: Mike

Hi, I have a xr400 2002. Looking to do a conversion kit to dual sport. do you know anyone who has done one or know what is needed to do the conversion? Thanks.