Sign in to follow this  

FMF exhaust, other mods needed?

I have abone stock -05 DRZ 400 SM. Looking to buy an FMF Powercore 4 Silencer and FMF Powerbomb Header. Is it OK to bolt this straight on the bike, or is it advised to do other mods at the same time (like re-jetting)?

To get any real benefit from the pipe, at the least you need to do the 3x3 mod and jet kit

+1.....or get the good pipe and buy the mrd/ssw:worthy:

ok, thanks for the replies so far. So from the answers I conclude that the bare minimum is a re-jet, to make sure the engine doesnt run to lean. And adding a 3x3 would make sense, performance wise. Good point there about the MRD/SSW. My challenge is to find that set here in Europe, for a decent price. Ordering from the states doesnt make sense financially due to customs/tax/shipping cost.

Any advice on how-to´s regarding re-jetting, as well as recommended jet-sizes?

Post up on the jetting forum....william1 or eddie will guide you in the right direction:thumbsup:

Good point there about the MRD/SSW. My challenge is to find that set here in Europe, for a decent price. Ordering from the states doesnt make sense financially due to customs/tax/shipping cost.

Is really hard to find this exhaust dirrect from Europe... I saw a used one on UK eBay couple months ago but i don't think there is a dealer in EU so you can find it new.. i ordered mine a year ago and after 17-20 days came to my hands!