BRRAAAAAAAPP! I did it again...

Hi, my name is Monika and... I'm addicted to motorcycles. I'm up to 6 now - and only 1 of those is not really mine.

The lure of a 2-stroke was too much for me to resist. I found an 03 KDX220R with almost no hours on it & pretty much bone stock. :moon: It looks really, really clean - not even scratches on the plastic, frame or engine covers. I picked it up yesterday, so I've only gotten about 15 minutes of test riding on it so far. It fits me nice although it'll still take some getting used to smoker power & learning how to kick it (the PW is nothing compared to this!). I'll update the 'my bike' thread when I get some more time on it.

Pic in my garage... yes, I haven't even rolled it off the rack yet! :cheers:

Thank god my husband puts up with me... ?

• 1 month later...
Ya, nice KDX. How do I get my wife to like motorcycles like you?? Ah, nevermind. Nice KDX though. :ride:

Have you tried the "it's a good thing you don't want to ride, women can't ride anyway" approach? Or "boy, I'm glad you're not interested, I can spend more on MY bike w/out having to buy bike parts for you." Or "you'd only slow me down anyway." ? (you never know when a little reverse psychology will plant a seed)

Along similar lines... a friend at work and I were discussing another guy at work 'Dale'. He asked if I had ever noticed how hard Dale worked when he was mad/ticked off. He then said if he were Dale's boss, he'd "kick him in the balls every day" to get him riled up so he would bust his hump to vent that anger. OMG, he's SO right about that!

Thanks! I still haven't gotten much ride time on it yet. The weather has just been too wet & soggy. When my hub first saw it, he asked 'what have you gotten now?'. When he test rode it & easily pulled a wheelie without popping the clutch, he 'got it'. :ride: For Christmas he got me the manual.

I've started going through it to set it for me - sag, control adjustments, etc. I've found a few bonehead PO things like the misrouted throttle cable, and grease globs from using grease to lube the chain - nothing too major so far. Can't wait to get it out for some real hours!

I don't know how to help you with your wife. I've always wanted to ride since I was a kid. Had to wait 'till I got out on my own though because no way my parents would let me. Many women are just afraid of the 'danger' or turned off by the dirt. I would guess those of us who do like to ride tend to be the outdoorsy adventurous types anyway. Try finding more family oriented places to ride, it may help if she sees other women & kids playing.

Thanks. I won't try. She's written them off since my oldest daughter was injured on one. The KDX is a versatile bike. Mild to wild if you like. If you need wild try the RB designs carb divider plate and head mod. Whoa! Feels like a worn out 250 MXer after that. :ride:

The KDX is a versatile bike. Mild to wild if you like. If you need wild try the RB designs carb divider plate and head mod. Whoa! Feels like a worn out 250 MXer after that. :ride:

Thats why I got it. But, 'worn out 250 MXer'? Sounds like a backhanded compliment.? That's ok with me. I just wanna have fun!

Thats why I got it. But, 'worn out 250 MXer'? Sounds like a backhanded compliment. :ride: That's ok with me. I just wanna have fun!

No, not at all. It's a compliment. It means that the KDX motor when worked can chase a 250 easily unless the 250 has had engine work or a fresh piston. It all comes down to rider of course.?

• 1 month later...

Well I guess our 9 bikes in the barn is about average then. We ride street and dirt. even got the grand son hooked up with a PW50 last year. Isn't live great when you are 5 yrs old? How many kids say, Yeh that's my nana and pap on the bikes riding with me??