Sign in to follow this  

very stuck on what to get!

Hi guys i am new here not sure on what bike to get i havnt rode alot done a year on a yz 125 got pretty good rode a tuned cr 250 and a ktm 450 with no probs amongst others. I am after a bike after a 2 year lay off i was set on a ktm 250sx now i dont know, but i know if i get a 125 or a 250f within weeks i will wish i bought a 250 or 450. so its one of those, ktm ofcourse! regards sam,

I am 6ft 200lb

What kind of riding do you do? Do you ride track only? Trails? Both? Are you mechanically inclined? Are you on a budget? As you already know, your having a tough time making up your own mind. You know way more about what you'll be using the bike for and how much power you want and how it gets put down and how much money you have to spend on it....etc etc. Give us more clues and I'm sure you'll get all kinds of opinions.

Derik

Edited by Derbo250X
edit

A KTM 250XC 2 stk. would be a great compromise.......very competent for track use with some clicker adjustments and an outstanding off-roader as well. Adjust the powervalve for the type of power you're looking for and a very easy to maintain package.

You can probably find a gently used bike for what you're looking to spend.

Derik

One of the guys i ride with, rides an 08 250 xc, and it has been a great bike for him, Around 1900 on the odometer, and still on the stock topend, still has good compression, still running strong, bike has been bulletproof.