Sign in to follow this  

cant find fuel mixture crew

I am new at this and I want to get a fuel screw to adjust my fuel mixture, everything I read in my manual says things about pilet screw main jet ect.

I have a 2008 crf 450r

Fuel screw in on the bottom of the carb,just in front towards the engine of the large 17mm cap (which covers the main jet and pilot jet). There is a small hole, up there is the screw. Due to the difficulty of getting to it, everyone swaps in an extended screw. Do yourself a favor, buy a Merge Racing extended fuel screw. If not that brand, do not buy an alloy one. Only get a brass or stainless steel one.

Fuel screw in on the bottom of the carb,just in front towards the engine of the large 17mm cap (which covers the main jet and pilot jet). There is a small hole, up there is the screw. Due to the difficulty of getting to it, everyone swaps in an extended screw. Do yourself a favor, buy a Merge Racing extended fuel screw. If not that brand, do not buy an alloy one. Only get a brass or stainless steel one.

Just curious, why not an alloy one? I have a brass one, pretty much by default, not by intelligence. Wondering what's the difference.